Security patch updates

i have nokia 8  Its 12 January and still i don't receive the November security patch Samsung is very fast in monthly updates

Security patch updates

Fazal Ahad Fazal Ahad
✭✭  / 

i have nokia 8 

Its 12 January and still i don't receive the November security patch

Samsung is very fast in monthly updates

Comments

• Mick1965 Mick1965
    ✭✭✭  / 

Now that the Nokia 8 is in its 3rd year of life, we only get updates every 3 months with the last update in October the next should be soon.

• MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

With OnePlus the "monthly" updates come every 2 months so the Nokia 8 slipping to every 3 months is no biggie really, at least it is still getting them.

• Tommi Laakso Tommi Laakso
    ✭✭  / 

Is there any knowledge, when the Nokia 8 (TA-1004) will be getting the next security update?

Shouldn't it be soonish, since last update was in october 2019?

• user389 user389
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Some Nokia 6 users reported receiving a 2020 security update recently, so 'anytime soon', probably.

• abecedario abecedario
    ✭✭✭  / 

Security Patch 2020-01 downloading in Italy right now (87.4mb)

• user1508928527225 user1508928527225
    ✭✭✭  / 

Also available in Finland now, so it seems indeed to be out.

• martin.fd martin.fd
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited January 31

Germany as well ... seems to work with the quarterly patches 👍️🙂

• normstrm normstrm
    ✭✭  / 

UK as well :-)

• Community Forum in My Phone App not working after download january security patch ...

• martin.fd martin.fd
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

@user1542408336669: right - doesn't work here either 👎️

• No fix 😒

• Hugh Matthews Hugh Matthews
    ✭✭✭  / 

Working fine for me in Denmark, also after the 2020-1 security update - it logged me in automatically too!

✭✭✭  / 

@martin.fd @martin.fd Yea, I tried after the upgrade. Still can't believe the lack of clicks in videos...

✭✭✭  / 

@martin.fd I'm wondering if the security patch just happened to remove some kind of conflict in Pie that had been causing the video clicks. Especially since doing warm-up videos - as suggested by Hans- seemed to do the trick...

Wow, perhaps HMD even fixed it on purpose?

• martin.fd martin.fd
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Security Patch 2020-04 just installed successfully 😃

• misterU misterU
    ✭✭✭  / 

I installed it too

• Mădălin Mădălin
    ✭✭  / 

Me too, in Romania, model TA 1052.

• martin.fd martin.fd
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Security Patch 2020-07 installing ... HMD keeps its word 😀

• abecedario abecedario
    ✭✭✭  /  edited July 20

thanks for the message, I'm proceeding with the quarterly security update (Italy)

PS: app optimization always terribly and inexorably slow, slow, slow !!! 😆

• madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 

Hi all,

Any problems with this new patch?

Cheers 🙂

• martin.fd martin.fd
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Not so far 😂

• abecedario abecedario
    ✭✭✭  / 

about 90mb of periodic patches, it doesn't seem to have messed up the phone more than in the past.

if I'm not mistaken this should be the penultimate quarterly update, next October should be the last after which end of support.

• madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 

Hi @abecedario,

Yes I think the we should get one more update in October and then wait and see if HMD forget to stop sending them... 😆

And @martin.fd I though you had a Pixel now, so what you mean is you've got no problems because you don't have the phone anymore?! 🤔

Cheers 🙂

• martin.fd martin.fd
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

@madbilly of course I still have the Nokia 8 and still use it from time to time ... simply because it is still a great phone and I still want to keep it up to date as a backup device 😂

• abecedario abecedario
    ✭✭✭  / 

bought in October 2017, nokia 8 is still my main phone, never reset/format in 3 years, even after going from android 7 to 8 and then 9.

there are still some things that I don't like (needless to say the camera, say it is like shooting on the red cross) but all in all I felt comfortable with this phone.

at the end of the year, hoping it has not broken in the meantime, if the nokia 8.3 does not come out, I will probably opt for a simple nokia 7.2 (for now I can do without 5G).

• martin.fd martin.fd
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

And the very last one: SP 2020-10 installed yesterday. If it were up to me, it could go on like this ... the Nokia 8 is still a great phone 😀

• madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 

Hi @martin.fd and everyone,

Any problems with this update? I see that it's a new build, not just a security update. Anyone noticed the changes?

Cheers 🙂

• abecedario abecedario
    ✭✭✭  / 

I could be wrong, but if I remember correctly it was only the cumulative patches August-October, nothing more, and I don't have any problems with it.

PS: happy birthday to my Nokia 8! Today he turns 3 years exactly. Never reset or formatted, some spontaneous reboots that happen one time a month, the usual limits to the camera that everyone knows ... but it still gives me great satisfaction!

I was waiting for the Nokia 8.3 to replace it within the year, more out of whim than out of necessity, but now I'm giving up, in Italy it is nowhere to be found, through import sites you get to spend over 700€, I would say that we're exaggerating too much for the wait as for the price...