Nokia 9 camera keep Crashing! - Page 2

No no, i was wrong. None of this setting helped. My phone worked little better for few days, and then back to nornal (disaster)

Nokia 9 camera keep Crashing!

Comments

• No no, i was wrong. None of this setting helped. My phone worked little better for few days, and then back to nornal (disaster)

• Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    Super User  / 

I agree. It has quite a many issues and for that price it is not acceptable. But I don't think most will be fixed.

I am not sure if you know but I would like to share it. Nokia 9 PureView is a produce of three companies - HMD, FIH and Light. The last two companies are important as FIH is the one that does the sw and manufacturing part for all Nokia devices and Light is the one responsible for camera tech. FIH no more makes smartphones for HMD and we have noticed SW delays recently on devices that were made by them. The updates arrive late on old devices made by them and ours is the last one that was made by FIH. Light has exited the mobile business and hence I do not expect any further improvements or feature additions to the camera.

The new phones in the x.2 series and later are made by different ODM's and their sw quality is much superior than the FIH ones. Newer devices face less HW+SW issues which is a good thing and I hope the situation keep improving from now on.

The ghost notification issue was fixed for me for a limited time but then it appeared again after a few days. I have just disabled the Glance Screen now. The FP scanner has suddenly started working again but it is slow and also that animation makes it even slower so i use the 4 digit pin. I am much faster at unlocking that way. 😂😜

As a phone I am happy with its performance and I am lucky to not have faced some serious issues with the device that many report.

• Raulyn Raulyn
    ✭✭  / 

Thank you for this post! My phone started crashing every time I opened the photo app. Your post fixed the issue. I love this phone's camera abilities. I don't mind the fingerprint scanner issue or that it takes longer to process. But, if the camera didn't even work, I'd have to give up on Nokia forever. Thanks again!

• A V N A V N
    ✭✭  / 

My camera freezes after opening. Then seems to work for a second or two and then freezes again. This will continue forever. Absurd a Pureview camera phone with non working camera app.... Insane

• This happens to me when the battery is 20% or less. Actually when the phone reach that level I start using Open Camera if cannot charge it. Disaster

• amal ジョー amal ジョー
    ✭✭✭  / 

Does Open camera work perfectly for you below 20%? 🤔

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

How are you launching the camera? Selecting the app or double pressing the power button?

• amal ジョー amal ジョー
    ✭✭✭  /  edited October 2020

Some of the camera crashing issues are related to hardware rather than software. In my case the camera worked fine while I was charging the device but as soon as I un plugged, camera began to crash.

• My camera has crashed several times and now I've sent it three times on service and now it crashed again so I will return the phone once again. After been having so many Nokias for almost 20 years I will never ever buy another Nokia. They were great when they were Finish but since the Chinese took over it's just crap, especially the support service.