Nokia 7.2 notification bar drops down and up on its own. Ghost?

Dear people of Nokia, I have had this problem for a while now. The notification bar drops down and goes up on its own sometimes. REALLY ANNOYING.

Nokia 7.2 notification bar drops down and up on its own. Ghost?

Shi Shi
✭✭  /  edited January 2020

Dear people of Nokia,

I have had this problem for a while now. The notification bar drops down and goes up on its own sometimes. REALLY ANNOYING.

When it is doing this, i want to throw my phone across the room! (Side note, while i am typing this, my phone is doing this again.)

Is this something that is happening to other people?! Can an Android 10 update fix this?

I have already sent this phone in for repair because my camera couldn't focus. It is not normal to need to sent your phone for repair again within 2 months.

Can anybody help me please? I am willing to throw this phone into the sea at this point.

(Sorry for my english)

Best Answer

Answers

• Shi Shi
    ✭✭  / 

Thanks for your answer!

I have disabled "swipe fingerprints for notification" i didn't even know that i could swipe for the notifications haha.

And no, my finger is not on the fingerprint scanner when i use my phone. The issue would also occur when my phone was laying on my desk (with a phone case)

I will update in a couple of days (or when it occurs again)

Thank you so much for your answer. I really appreciate it!!

Have a nice day/evening!

• Nummer671 Nummer671
    ✭✭  / 

Hi,

I have the same issue as you. From time to time the notification bar moves down by itself. This is really annoying 🙄

• Shi Shi
    ✭✭  / 

Hi!

The answer from Singhnsk worked for me! So you can try that as well!

• bortole bortole
     / 

Hello, me too am since a few months having the same issue. Disabled today the finger opening feature, hope it works. So far, thank you

• GerZah GerZah
     / 

My GF is suffering terribly from this issue. We just tried to disable swipe fingerprint, thanks for the tip! – She didn't swipe intentionally, but perhaps the detection was overly sensitive during the current humid weather conditions.

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

I'm glad that it helped. For me the issue has only happened when the scanner was wet, but yeah a very humid weather can cause it too :)

• Sakitumi Sakitumi
    ✭✭  /  edited November 2020

Great, thanks! It worked flawlessly after removing the swipe and disabled it for drop notification bar.

Nice community too.

• So glad I found this. I had the same really annoying problem and it had reached the point where I couldn't even enter a simple WhatsApp message without continuous notifications and settings popping down, and I didn't have my finger on the fingerprint scanner.

Deleted all registered fingerprints (had to put my index finger in twice to make it anything like useful) and now use a pattern lock. Problem has gone away!

Wouldn't have thought of the two items being linked. Was ready to chuck the phone anyway with its regular use of a small amount of mobile data, even though mobile data is disabled, but maybe this fix has extended its life a bit.

• VinceM VinceM
    ✭✭  / 

Why HMD global is not responding our complains... Screen freezing is annoying.

• PeterA84 PeterA84
     / 

I'm really happy I finally try to reach some forum and found this. I'm living with this problem like half a year at least and I can fully and completely relate to the "throwing this phone across the room" situation. I just disabled this swipe notification ****, I really hope it will help.

Thanks a lot.