Android P Upgrade

Dear HDM/Nokia, When are we getting Android P (Version 9/ Pie) I believe we Nokia 8 users have a 2 years of system update. So what are the updates?

Android P Upgrade

user1530370301894 user1530370301894
 /  edited August 11
Dear HDM/Nokia,

When are we getting Android P (Version 9/ Pie)

I believe we Nokia 8 users have a 2 years of system update. So what are the updates? I want my Pie.

Comments

• mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭  /  edited August 10

It's been out 1 day :(

• LennartB LennartB
    ✭✭✭  / 

Yeah bit early to ask.

8.1 is perfectly stable and i'm happy with it.

I'd like Android P, but i hope they keep the hardware buttons functioning so we don't lose screen real estate for gesture control... i wonder how they will work this out, please don't make a botched attempt HMD.. :)

• mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭  /  edited August 8

It is my guess people who are signed up to the beta program will get asked in due course to download it and the full release will follow shortly after that.

As for the buttons they are still there thankfully, there is an option in P for buttons or gesture, only Pixel 3 will be gesture only, which IMHO is not the way to go, it seems cumbersome.

• LennartB LennartB
    ✭✭✭  /  edited August 8

Ah great news, thanks for the info!

• Rofd Rofd
     / 
    This is imperative, other Nokia models have confirmed pie soon eg 7plus and lower models. About 8 is only confirmed that will recieve pie eventually, but when? From marketing standpoint, they shouldn't screw flagship users who decided first to trust Nokia under HMD. TBH Android 10 on Nokia 8 would be also appreciated, that would be a great Wow factor for potential customers in future.