Nokia 6.1 plus Android 10

Please add a face id to the nokia 6.1 plus in the next update. The new lift to check phone option and a face id will be superb.

Nokia 6.1 plus Android 10

MUSTHAFA MUSTHAFA
✭✭  / 

Please add a face id to the nokia 6.1 plus in the next update. The new lift to check phone option and a face id will be superb. It will be like pixel 4's radar sensor. You don't even have to touch the fingerprint scanner or press any buttons. Just pick up the phone and it will be unlocked straight to the homescreen. So please add that feature.

Tagged:

Comments

• singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Pixel 4 uses a dedicated hardware to capture the face data and securely use it for the unlock process. The Nokia 6.1 Plus doesn't have that hardware which is why it no longer supports face unlock.

Some newer Nokia phones support face unlock and they use a dedicated 3rd party face processing algorithm, which they say is secure than most other OEMs. Its very unlikely that they will expand the support to older phones anymore.

• MUSTHAFA MUSTHAFA
    ✭✭  / 

Hey I understand that the pixel has a really great hardware backing the face id. Im just speaking about the gyroscope which turns on the screen when lifted and the camera sensors could do a similar job. I don't think that a face id requires a lot more hardware than a good sensor. As you have said it requires an algorithm which is pure software and can be provided by a software update if they think to do so. Even many Chinese manufacturers provide it on their devices. I've never been a fan of face id as it is never secure as that of a fingerprint scanner or a face id in a high end device. I just said it would have been a good combination of the gyroscope and the face id if they wish to implement it. And Im becoming a fan of that feature in the pixel devices.

• Hello, after updating to Android 10 in my Nokia 6.1 plus, my phone can't access wi-fi and phone book not working well in terms of searching contacts, i have to do it manually and scroll down all my contacts, really annoying!!! please help.

• MUSTHAFA MUSTHAFA
    ✭✭  / 

Bro a lot of people have reported the same problem after the update. My wifi is working fine. I haven't faced any issue with the phonebook also. Im not sure why this is happening. Im using the beta version of phone and contacts app. May be switching to the beta version could help.