URGENT- NEED HELP- MOBILE DATA TURNING ON WITHOUT BEING ON ON ANDROID 10

I am facing this strange issue since past 3 days.

URGENT- NEED HELP- MOBILE DATA TURNING ON WITHOUT BEING ON ON ANDROID 10

praveenp praveenp
✭✭✭  / 

I am facing this strange issue since past 3 days.

I am not having any Data Pack on my mobile number, so I have changed all the APN settings so that even by mistake it doesn't gets connected to the internet.

After updating to Android 10, since past 3 days, when I keep my phone unattended for some time, or when it is charging, I get notifications from apps like Instagram, Whatsapp, Google Weather updates, Playstore updates,etc..

My phone is NOT CONNECTED TO ANY INTERNET, nor my house wifi, nor mobile data. But even then, I get notifications. Sometimes, I can see the H+ icon on the notification bar (as BSNL offers 3G data only), and sometimes, I don't see.

When I see the H+ icon, and if I open the settings, there MOBILE DATA IS TURNED OFF, and even then the icon is present and internet works.

I have lost quite a lot of amount form my main balance in past 3 days. Since the phone is silent most of the time, I don't get to know when there is any notification, and hence, I am not able to immediately take any action.

One thing to note is that the H+ icon disappears the moment I switch on the Wifi and the phone gets connected.

Adding the screenshots.

I don't know what is happening with this device, but now it is becoming extremely frustrating to continue using it. Calling is anyway degraded and of no use, as the crackling sound doesn't allows to hear properly what the person on the other side says.

Please, if anyone has a solution to this. Kindly tell.

Hello @HMDLaura

It is a humble request. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE.

PLEASE ask the developers to release a fix as soon as possible. It is becoming a headache now. I know, HMD might be excited to upgrade its devices to the latest android versions and provide the latest features to all it's users and mark its presence in the market. But, at least do after thoroughly testing the update before release.

Comments