Camera Shakey

Rogerjr Rogerjr
✭✭  / 

My camera is waving

Tagged:

Comments

• MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Either get it fixed under warranty or if it has expired bin it and get a decent phone, it is a hardware fault.

• user389 user389
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited January 29

New replacement main camera modules for Nokia 8 are available, surprisingly affordable.

Main camera replacement by a reputable independent workshop is around €50 + shipping in DK, and it's worth checking how much an out-of-warranty repair would cost at Nokia, via the support options in the My Phone app or at

-- Hans

• MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Is it worth spending money on fixing a dead in the water phone?

• Hugh Matthews Hugh Matthews
    ✭✭✭  / 

I'd spend €50 if my camera - which has wobbled every now and then since last summer - got really bad. My 8 is doing 90 per cent of what I want it to do, which is more or less everything. Rather put off buying a new phone I can't afford to buy anyway.

• MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

That's like putting new tyres on a car that needs a new engine, the Nokia 8 isn't worth keeping alive, the camera was crap in October 2017 and it is still crap in February 2020.

✭✭✭  / 

My 8 is back to crap after a brief return to splendour. Feels a bit like every imminent demise...

But what now? Wait for a 10 - might HMD G have learned anything from their flops?

• MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

To be honest with how HMD seem to like leaving phones with half ársed buggy updates, never improving the cameras or adding features I'd give them a miss until they have bucked their ideas up, it is a real shame because i want them to succeed so much.

The OnePlus 8 Lite is looking like a worth contender for anyone thinking of a new phone if the leaks are correct.

• Ognjen Šešlija Ognjen Šešlija
    ✭✭  / 

Hey MrBelter, absolutely agree. I just bought a new phone from that banned brand. Very happy with it.

Recent issues I had with my 8:

• waiving front camera (no idea why)
    • cannot pair any new Bluetooth device until I do either network reset or factory reset (imagine that!)
    • cannot add a Youtube queue to my TV anymore (???)
    • GPS behaving worse than ever (even my troublesome watch has better GPS tracks recently)
    • cherry on the top, every now and then, ocassional reboots without any explanation

I did now a factory reset and everything kinda works, so no idea if I can claim warranty (I really would), or to leave it as a bike computer or something (although with the current BT/GPS state this is not meaningful).

All in all, no more HMD phone ever from me. Such a shame.

• Useif Useif
    ✭✭  /  edited April 5

Hello everyone, my phone Nokia 8.

I experience like flaming image in my camera, and a fast drain battery even in the deep sleep period, hope to find a solution, or hear if any facing the same issues.

• Useif Useif
    ✭✭  / 

Actually, this happen often not all the time.

• I had my 8 repaired twice by Nokia under warranty, the last time in September 2019 after almost 2 years of ownership. It is obviously a common problem. My daughter is now using the phone and if it breaks again it won't be getting repaired a third time. It is still a fast and good phone.

• DANIEL OPIYO DANIEL OPIYO
     / 

Its time Nokia attends to its customers,we can't be having a problem that is taking centuries to resolve,why not look into the shaky images on its camera. It realy embarases when you want to capture good pics with a smart phone that has a low camera quality. Is it a problem with Zeiss or Nokia coz its only on 8.

• user389 user389
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

As already stated several times: a wavy or shaky main camera in Nokia 8 is a hardware failure (in the optical image stabilisation mechanism or its connections).

It is not economical to take apart a phone from 2017 that's out of warranty without insurance.

Get another phone or buy a dedicated digital camera / camcorder if pictures and videos are important, if slapping the phone into the palm of your hand from different directions doesn't help.

• yellowstar yellowstar
    ✭✭  / 

You can try this workaround i use to temporarily stop the vibrating or wavy image. Allow the camera to focus on an near object or you can move closer to focus it. Once the camera has focused, the vibration stops

✭✭✭  / 

Yellowstar's suggestion sounds very reasonable. My 8 camera had it really bad last year but the problem disappeared and all is well again. My 8 gets used all the time, indoors and out. It works perfectly well apart from two known issues: Noise when recording video, sometimes tags photos at previous location. Got it in Dec. 2017.