HMD has abandoned nokia 9 pureview

After android 10 update, the camera app is working like shit. But HMD never respond about this issue. No bug fixing, No new features, No improvement.

HMD has abandoned nokia 9 pureview

After android 10 update, the camera app is working like ****. But HMD never respond about this issue. No bug fixing, No new features, No improvement. We just waiting like a fool. Enough is enough. No more HMD nokia phones! HMD is destroying the legacy of Nokia!

Comments

• youhippy youhippy
    ✭✭✭  / 

Or a VERY decent trade up program. TAKE THIS CRASHY BUGGY SLOW PHONE AWAY FROM ME.

• Magicdesign Magicdesign
    ✭✭  / 

To be fair, they have not abandoned it. Security patches are rolling out to most countries, it's on android 10 and I expect a bigger update coming soon.

Compared to my iPhone xs, it kicks **** with outdoor shots - there is just something about the camera that makes the photos come alive. Check out Reddit (Nokia) for example images and also Twitter.

Yes, the face unlock and fingerprint scanner and external speaker are rubbish. But it's a sexy device with a nice screen.

✭✭  / 

Also, and to add, I think they changed the manufacturing process at some stage. I got a late manufactured device and haven't had any of the camera freezing issues other people have had.

• N808 N808
    ✭✭  / 

My phone has been trouble free, but purely out of interest, how does one ascertain the date of manufacture?

✭✭  / 

No idea. My analysis is based on purchase date and therefore could be completely wrong.

• At least, HMD should reply or explain something. But they ignored as usual.

• jasio jasio
    ✭✭  /  edited February 18

Hm, I hope they make an big Camera App Update. Before I buy the Phone I read something about fhd Video with 60fps but can't find an option for that, it always record Videos with 30fps.

I read something about HDR Photos, but without external Tools on my PC its unable make Hdr Photos.

Maybe Im just a fool or the usabillity of that Camera App is a mess. My 9 years Old Nokia N8 and the later Lumia 1020 have a lossles Digital Zoom in Videorecording, the Nokia 9 haven't, the ****, why?! HMD, whats wrong with you?! You call IT PureView, but a base Feature of Nokia MobilePhone Camera does't includet? Really?

In the Past I had a Lumia 1020 an never had such Problems. Actual the camera ist totally disapointing.

PS: I know, my English is bad, but Hey, it's not my nativ language.

• MarcVI MarcVI
    ✭✭  / 

I too have the impression that HMD/Nokia do not give a **** about their customers.

As if it is normal that one out of three pictures taken are never saved. As if we must live with invalid message icons on the home screen. As if AR-CORE is something for gamers only. Etc.

Calling this a high range phone IS A JOKE!

• This phone worked much better on Android 9 Pie. The camera wasn´t lightspeed but i was very happy about overall performance. But with Android 10 update everything (really, everything) works much worst. Nokia check the mark of updating this phone fast, but without test. You can tell me 1 or 2 things doens´t work after the update, but no everything.

I´m not a happy Nokia user anymore

• youhippy youhippy
    ✭✭✭  / 

Good bye nokia

• MarcVI MarcVI
    ✭✭  / 

We experience it every day but it is official.

Nokia's camera app is installed but in the Google play store we read (I translate) "This app does not work with your device any more. Contact the developers for more information". Last updated Oct 15, 2018.

We are the laughing stock of smartphone users.

• Jandemee Jandemee
    ✭✭  / 

Ja das war doch geschickt von HMD sich den Namen Pureview zu sicher. Mich konnten sie damit täuschen und zum Kauf bewegen.

Mit den echten Pureview der Vergangenheit hat das " HMD Pureview" ja wohl Mal so gar nix bis auf den Namen gemein.

Seien wir doch Mal ehrlich und geben endlich zu das es einfach im Bereich wo es um die kamera, Photos, Videos etc geht , einfach Müll ist.

Natürlich hätten wir es gerne anders gehabt und ein Pureview mit Android bekommen , aber so ist es halt leider nicht.

Ich hatte unter anderem das N8 , das 808, das Lumia 930 etc. Und jedes war dem "HMD Pureview" um Längen überlegen.

Ende der Täuschung. HMD

• Jandemee Jandemee
    ✭✭  / 

Ja das war doch geschickt von HMD sich den Namen Pureview zu sicher. Mich konnten sie damit täuschen und zum Kauf bewegen.

Mit den echten Pureview der Vergangenheit hat das " HMD Pureview" ja wohl Mal so gar nix bis auf den Namen gemein.

Seien wir doch Mal ehrlich und geben endlich zu das es einfach im Bereich wo es um die kamera, Photos, Videos etc geht , einfach Müll ist.

Natürlich hätten wir es gerne anders gehabt und ein Pureview mit Android bekommen , aber so ist es halt leider nicht.

Ich hatte unter anderem das N8 , das 808, das Lumia 930 etc. Und jedes war dem "HMD Pureview" um Längen überlegen.

Ende der Täuschung.

• February update for the Nokia 9. No fixes. Same problems

• Raha Raha
    ✭✭  / 

I would like to take my leave of this forum. 

The N9 was announced as a camera phone and has never met these expectations. Since the Android 10 update the camera is unusable. One of 3 photos is saved. Saving takes unbelievably long. I have switched to a Xiaomi Mi Note 10 and am thrilled with the camera. The Nokia is lying in the closet waiting for a firmware update. Maybe I can sell it on Ebay afterwards, but unfortunately this is not possible in its current state. After I threw 640 € out of the window with the purchase of the N9, I will never buy a Nokia again or advise anyone to do so.

• youhippy youhippy
    ✭✭✭  / 

I'm glad to hear you've got a phone that works! Even Samsung is already addressing issues with the S20 camera and it's only been out a few weeks.

I too fear this N9 will not sell well on ebay. I'm waiting for next month's pay and its back over to iPhone (after 5 years away). I just need a phone that I'm able to take photos on.

Good luck with your xiaomi 👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻

• N808 N808
    ✭✭  / 

I bought my Nokia 9 used for £235.

Judging by the negative comments posted by owners on this forum I appear to have been lucky in that my phone, which was on Android 10 when I bought it, has been trouble free., and that includes the camera.

• neilk neilk
    ✭✭  / 

@Stephen Bolinsky. Same for me. Got my 9 PV on 3/4/19 so it is now off warranty (in the US). I really like the size and display crispness but the grief of just trying to unlock this phone multiple times per day has really turned me off. As you pointed out the fingerprint reader is useless and the face unlock is not always a reliable method of unlocking. To those who keep saying "just lick your finger before you try to unlock" I realize you are just trying to be helpful but that solution is not viable (or healthy).

I don't believe there will be any updates to fix issues, just security updates going forward. Not sure I even want to contemplate an Android 11 update after the quality of the 10 update.

I am already researching a replacement phone but am not going to rush that. I still have a functioning Nexus 6p (which has 100% reliable fingerprint reader) to fall back on until the latest announced models start hitting the streets and have plenty of user reviews as opposed to media reviews.

• youhippy youhippy
    ✭✭✭  / 

I’ve sent my Nokia 9 off to be repaired. I don’t think anything will come of it. When I get it back I’ll see how it handles. It’s safe to say I will never be getting a Nokia again. This past year has been awful. I no longer enjoy taking photos as the phone just makes it a painful experience.

✭✭  / 

Fingers crossed they send you an 8.3 as a replacement device.

• youhippy youhippy
    ✭✭✭  / 

Phone back. 4 days later. Doing the exact same things as before. What a waste of a trip back to the menders that was.

Cannot wait for new SD765g phones to be released. (NOT THE NOKIA 8.3!)

• neilk neilk
    ✭✭  / 

I'm with you on that. Probably will go back to Google and a Pixel 5.

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭  / 

Users on the forum reply to a user forum. If you want a coming response then send email to support with your questions The pv9 works well when you let the phone process the pictures before taking too many at once. The android 10 build works well and if not perform a factory update without restore apps.

• youhippy youhippy
    ✭✭✭  / 

I'm sorry but support is a joke. 'We'll send your feedback to the team.'

Nothing ever gets confirmed.

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭  / 

An email ticket stays open just reply and ask for update.