HMD has abandoned nokia 9 pureview - Page 2

Your feedback has been acknowledged.

HMD has abandoned nokia 9 pureview

Comments

• youhippy youhippy
    ✭✭✭  / 

Your feedback has been acknowledged.

• You're wrong. 1 of 3 pictures taken not even saved. Factory reset doesn't make any difference. Notification screen with ghost icons and poor performance. AND support do not answer.

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited April 2020

when did you contact support for help? have you backed up you data and performed a factory reset? without restoring ? The next maintence release will address bugs from the initial release of Android 10. pictures save fine on my device are you taking 3 pics back to back ? what is poor performance the phone is smooth and runs well on Android 10. notifications on glance are pushed from the apps themselves try clearing their cache and restarting the phone. restart your phone every day or 2.

• youhippy youhippy
    ✭✭✭  / 

Look the phone is just a massive failure.

Even sending the phone in for repair didn't sort it.

Nokia made a big error with this one.

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

the phone works great not sure what you mean by failure

• Magicdesign Magicdesign
    ✭✭  / 

it seems there are two different devices - I can only imagine that manufacturing was changed at some point. Half the devices have serious issues and the other half don’t.

for the majority of the time, mine works perfectly. It has only ever failed to save about two photos. The camera app failed to load once too. Nothing else.

other people, on the other hand have had nothing but problems. For people to tell them they are imagining it is just insulting. But entirely what I would expect from a Nokia and now hmd employee.

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

some percentage of phones do have issues no denying that but there are many more that work fine and it is not all bad or negative. This phone is very good premium phone, and is not a failure by any stretch, but everyone is intitled to their opinions.

• Magicdesign Magicdesign
    ✭✭  / 

So where is the MR update. If hmd has any respect for their customers, they would roll out os fixes when they became available rather than 6 months later

• petaqui petaqui
    ✭✭  / 

Sadly, the Nokia 9 is the WORST phone I ever had. Slow, buggy as **** and priced as a flagship. HMD doesn't care about that, but people that loved Nokia will change to other brands and never look back.

Sad to see this... even more when I worked for Nokia during the times of Lumia 1020, and at least saw how well that camera performed for those times (and this times)

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

unfortunate you are having issues have you factory reset your phone without restoring apps. the phone is fast and responsive for me. it does take time to process the images but other than that is is blazing fast on other activities. have you tried a different. launcher like lawnchair or nova launcher?

• Did factory reset 2 times. I don't like restore apps, because miss the point of an clean installation. But I tell you, IT WORKS as i said. I do not imagine this. 1 of 3 pictures in a row isn't saved. Notification ghost even after factory reset (with only WhatsApp intalled) and the Phone has lags. When i buyed this Phone it was running Pie. After a few updates it came to work very well, even the fingerprint was improved. I was happy and i've loved it. BUT then came the A10 updgtade and the problems started. And the fingerprint stop working almost all the times. Is like take steps backwards. I've contacted tech support early january and they asked me for: 1)restart with VOL UP + POWER, 2) start on SAFE MODE and clean app preferences, 3) FACTORY RESET. After all that, they say it is an Software issue that will he addrresed with an upgrade. I Will be conacted "SOON" for information. I'm still wating someone contact me AND the upgrade. I really really want you do not say this are imaginations. This isn't AN defective Phone, because all the problems started with the upgrade. Thank You.

• I'm not complaining about the proccess time it takes (when pictures ARE saved). I understand that. And the pictures are very good. But the experience is ruined because the problems i said

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

boot into safe mode and try the camera and take 3 pics. how long are you waiting before each picture? I see no hesitation in any of the phone operations or interface. I am using lawn chair launcher and have also used Nova with the 9pv.

what notifications are you seeing on the glance for which apps? force stop the app then clear storage and reboot phone. or uninstall app reboot the phone and reinstall.

• In safe mode i open the camera and shoot 5 pictures, i Open the gallery. The Phone still proccesskkng but that's fine, it ends the fusion and..... I have 3 pictures. Worst than before. But it's random.

This never happened on Android Pie.

For the notifications i have problems with the Phone App the Messages App and WhatsApp. It's kind of it cannot be an OK behavior to do this, BUT i tried. AND i was supposing you where right, Buy then i receibe a message, i read it, lock the Phone and 5 min later the glance wakes and the notification still there. I unlock the Phone and the is no new message.

So, that is not a solution. but again, that doesn't happened on Android Pie.

And i do not want to try another laucher. I like the stock one that came by default.

I Think You have another version (a better one) or receibe different updates.

Again, i'm still wating for an software update that fix this problems. If it worked ok on Android Pie, it can work ok with 10. Unless Nokia do not want to expend money on men/hours to develop/deploy for this Phone.

Thank You for your help

• youhippy youhippy
    ✭✭✭  / 

I was going to hold out for the OnePlus 8 Lite (Maybe now called OnePlus Z). But the release didn't have any details about it so I've gone back to an iPhone SE for now. Haven't had an iPhone since the iPhone 6 days so it's just going back to the same form factor. I actually like this size.

I am missing the android link with my Surface Pro. Had the Microsoft Launcher so it sync'd nicely.

I'm enjoying the camera working on this phone and no lagging at all.

Good luck with your OnePlus 8!

• Pashenri Pashenri
    ✭✭  / 

This phone is awful. Nokia overproposed and under delivered big time. I haven't used the fingerprint sensor in 6 months. Face recognition over one year. Photography is not user freindly. Yes you can get nice pictures but it takes 5 to get one. I can make it work but that's because I like to play with my camera. If I want to post pic to text message it takes forever for the pics to load. This phone is not happy when it hits below 20% battery.

• Benja Raj Benja Raj
     / 

Hello everyone,

could someone assist on the insertion of watermark on Nokia 9 pureview shoot? or does this option do not exist on this phone? thanks

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

The Nokia 9 pv is a great phone and a piece of history. The phone was excellent for it's price. The camera catches details that are not possible on most phones. Android 10 updated builds brought improvement to the fingerprint scanner and now runs a very stable build of android 10. The build quality and screen are excellent , wireless charging , fast charging so battery usage was good for screen size and resolution. This is an excellent phone and a unique camera technology. For as long as I have owned the phone the camera has never crashed and the pics save fine if you don't take more then the memory of phone can handle. Clearing the Xtra files from the phone from the camera also keep it working smoothly.

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

@DMotzev I feel your frustration. It is sad to see the fan and love in us taking us to product choices that disappoint us going forward.

The Nokia 9 is one such forgotten product from hmd. They developed it, but never gave it the treatment that a flagship product should get. Sure the hardware problems couldn't be sorted by a software setup, however, they could have done better with the software.

And I definitely don't have any high hopes from the Android 11 release. It will be yet another software update that they are forced to do under the Android One program and I'm sure it won't be the one that they'll be happy or proud of giving.

Maybe a few years later, if hmd still survives, they'll be able to deliver a smartphone that will be able to compete with the other products in the market. For now they are struggling to find a space for themselves. I don't know if they still ask themselves as to why they make a Nokia smartphone. What does it give to the world that is not already there? 😏

• Lawrence JB Lawrence JB
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Nokia 5.3 also looks like a forgotten product. No timely security updates, no A11 even after a year of release, camera sensor issues and display retention issues. This may be the reason why they had to come up with Nokia 5.4.

• CarlosMad CarlosMad
    ✭✭  / 

I agree, the Nokia 9 is a forgotten mobile from HMD. I have it since the beginig and I have suffered many of the issues. All the updates, except the monthly security patch, arrived with delay. And when applied it did not fixed compleatly the issues. Also the promised update for the camara never arrived. Hopefully it will be included in the A11 update, when done in a non-short future.

Also there is no sucessor announced. So tired of waiting A11 and "Nokia 10" I have ordered a Huawei P40 that was in offer. Seems that the P40 Pro+ has a nice camera.

See you in the Huawei forums...

• tudor georgescu tudor georgescu
    ✭✭✭  / 

The only problem I had with mine was that for about a week it could not contact GSM. Perhaps it wasn't my phone, but skiddies cloned my SIM card till they found out there is not much to steal from me.

• neilk neilk
    ✭✭  / 

After 28 frustrating months with this phone I have pre-ordered a Sony Xperia 1 III as its replacement.

• Timoteo Calvo Timoteo Calvo
    ✭✭  / 

I have allready changed last year to Sony Xperia 5ii and I am very happy with it! Never again HMD based Nokia phone.