General Discussion regarding Android Security Updates and Android 10 update on Nokia 3.1 Plus

It has been a well known issue that for a quite long time, Google Securoty Patches for Nokia 3.1 Plus aren't being delivered timely.

General Discussion regarding Android Security Updates and Android 10 update on Nokia 3.1 Plus

GamerTata95 GamerTata95
✭✭  / 

It has been a well known issue that for a quite long time, Google Securoty Patches for Nokia 3.1 Plus aren't being delivered timely. As of 30th Jan, 2020, Security Patch from September to December are being delivered for Nokia 3.1 Plus as OTA updates. Since, a part of Android One, the said phone is to get OS upgrades for 2 Years and security update for 3 more years. According to the official, Nokia 3.1 Plus is bound to get Android 10 update on Q1, 2020 i.e. Jan-Mar of 2020.

Since, there's no official thread dedicated for Nokia 3.1 Plus with Android 10 updates and so on, let's contribute here all the probems, solutions, and so on.

Feel free to discuss anything, modding, flashing, installing Android 10 manually or anything.

Comments

• İnanç İnanç
    ✭✭  / 

Why didn't January security updates come?

• The january update is being late because i think that android 10update and January or February security patch will come along that...its completely depend on my knowledge

• All IN ONE STATUS All IN ONE STATUS
    ✭✭  /  edited February 3

I also think that Android 10 will be released soon

• Binaykr123 Binaykr123
    ✭✭  / 

Nokia 3.1 plus updated

Q10

• akash1489 akash1489
    ✭✭  / 

Is any Nokia 3.1 plus device got the Android 10 ?

• akash1489 akash1489
    ✭✭  / 

What are you saying bro? Is your Device Updated to Android 10?

• Binaykr123 Binaykr123
    ✭✭  / 

Please update sir Nokia 3.1 plus

Q10

• Rahul Devare Rahul Devare
    ✭✭  / 

It's official that 3.1 plus will get Android 10 update...as per the schedule 3.1 plus indian version will receive android 10 update any where between February end or 1 week of March so we need to wait till then.

• Rohit Roniya Rohit Roniya
    ✭✭  / 

is there any way to fix YouTube lag

• Maybe fix with Android 10. I have this problem on my phone too

• viveak k viveak k
    ✭✭  / 

Phone hangs often after Dec 2019 update .it must be fixed

• jayadeep dhfm jayadeep dhfm
    ✭✭  / 

I bought Nokia 3.1 plus just two weeks ago, while playing pubg the screen freezes and I have to press power button ..to make it work again .. utube hangs even from unboxing the phone😥.. any one facing the same problem?.. or I got the phone with defect?

• Rahul Devare Rahul Devare
    ✭✭  / 

Hey Venati...

Try to uninstall all unnecessary apps. Use Google files (to remove unnecessary clutter) ....Use apps made by Google rather than other apps cause Google apps are stable and works smoothly on stock android.

• jayadeep dhfm jayadeep dhfm
    ✭✭  /  edited February 12

Thanks for reply bro 🥰🥰🥰... It's a newly bought device ,not even a single 3rd party app installed except pubg lite ,but still unable to handle .. many saying all these issues are after android pie update😓

• I haven't installed Pubg yet but my phone is playing the Asphalt series (8,9, and xtreme) very fine with no lag

• Rifqi Arief Rifqi Arief
    ✭✭  / 

I hope so... Because my phone has freaking lag like scrolling YouTube app... I hope the devs can fixed it ASAP and rolling the update

• GamerTata95 GamerTata95
    ✭✭  / 

Update:

Received January 2020 Security Patch on 21st February. File size is about 87MB. No changes whatsoever, (Idk about YouTube App lag, I've disabled it). Battery drain is slightly reduced since the update.

I'll try to keep updating the post in replies. Feel free to follow on with any questions, solutions, answers, customization.

• GamerTata95 GamerTata95
    ✭✭  / 

For those of who have faced problems with app optimization, game freeze, YouTube app freeze, here are some methods you can try to fix:

1. Use minimum number of apps. Try to use less apps as much as you can. If a developer supports web apps, (apps that opens in Chrome) use those. Try watching YouTube on Chrome or other browser. (YouTube app is poorly optimized)

2. Use Google Photos to upload your photos to cloud and keep clearing storage once in every week. Remember, THE MORE CLEAR SPACE, THE MORE ADVANTAGE/SPEED.

3. While installing apps from Google Play Store and other Stores, keep that in mind that always go with apps with no ads or less ads. For example, some Launcher comes with ads, some comes without. If your basic need is fulfilled, then go with the no ad variant.

4. Android One is a stock-like android version, yet it lacks customization. If you wish to customize, then you have to face some kind of troubles/consequences, such as app freeze, random crash etc

5. As per gaming, I played many games, both offline and online multiplayer. PUBG Mobile performance is not good at all, barely hits 30fps on smooth all low settings. CoD Mobile can push out 30+ fps on low smooth, and it's pretty enjoyable actually. As per MOBA games like Clash of Clans, League of Legends and so on, the performance is good. (NOTE: GAMING PERFORMANCE IS VARIABLE FROM DEVICE TO DEVICE, AND GAMING ON LOW BATTERY LEVEL (>50%) CAN RESULT IN A WORSE EXPERIENCE)

6. For Indian users, BSNL doesn't natively supports 4G VoLTE, contact nearest branch to learn more. Other service providers, like Vodafone IN, airtel IN, and JIO works just fine. For network stability, refer to service provider websites and guidelines.

7. For those who faced OS freeze, a trick, connect your phone to wall socket, try force shutting it down. This is NOT RECOMMENDED, Adviced to contact nearset service center.