Black System UI for Android 10.

Hi everyone, i hope you all agree that Nokia should provide black dark theme in settings like in stock Android and Pixel phones.

Black System UI for Android 10.

Hi everyone, i hope you all agree that Nokia should provide black dark theme in settings like in stock Android and Pixel phones. Currently it has dark grey with blueish hue which looks ugly on Nokia 8.1, 7.1 and 6.1 Plus. It would be better if Nokia updates the UI or someone provides a simple hack to change this without root.

Comments

• singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Yeah I'm actually confused. Google says in its Material Design documentation that the dark mode should be dark grey shade and not black.

But then on their own Pixel phones, they pretty much offer a full black UI. Now, for Android One, I'm not sure if this dark color forced by Google or HMD/FIH decided to keep it in its current form.

I'll wait for Android 10 releases to Nokia 7.2 to see if their (probably in-house) software differentiates from that created by FIH on old phones.

Unfortinately, changing the background shade on our own without root will not be something that we can achieve anymore. Even substarum needs root to deliver the ability to change backgrounds. So, only hope is on Nokia to make some change.