Nokia 8.1 updates

My UK Nokia 8.1 is still on the November security update, what's up with Nokia and their supposedly quick updates?

Nokia 8.1 updates

RobB RobB
✭✭  / 

My UK Nokia 8.1 is still on the November security update, what's up with Nokia and their supposedly quick updates?

Comments

• SPeedY_B SPeedY_B
    ✭✭  / 

Exactly the same here. In the UK, stuck on November patch. Phone is unlocked, shouldn't have anything to do with carriers.

• M Siemons M Siemons
    ✭✭  /  edited February 6
  • MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

With the Nokia 8 swapping the SIM card to another network used to work nearly every time to get it to update, it need to be a different network though and not a MVNO on the same network as your main SIM 🙂

@GTR12 is right, even in the UK updates are getting blocked or delayed on SIM free phones for some reason, there are a number of posts in the Nokia 8 forum about the whys and why nots but given that the Nokia 8 is dead as a dodo i cant be ársed trawling through it all to find them but rest assured they are there somewhere.

• SPeedY_B SPeedY_B
    ✭✭  / 

Tried the VPN method, tried a few countries to no avail. Also just swapped my GiffGaff (O2) sim to a Three sim, and still nothing.

I could just sideload the updates, but shouldn't have to really.

• SPeedY_B SPeedY_B
    ✭✭  / 

Contacted GiffGaff, as I thought they've said it's nothing to do with them. My partners phone (Nokia 7 Plus) is receiving updates just fine on the same network.

• SPeedY_B SPeedY_B
    ✭✭  / 

Installed the December patch manually. Once that was installed, the phone prompted me to install the January patch. All up to date now.

• MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

At one point in time we had 2 Nokia 8s in our house and they never updated at the same time, there was often weeks and weeks between them.

• Mark Coley Mark Coley
    ✭✭✭  / 

Is anyone in the UK on anything later than the November update?

• SPeedY_B SPeedY_B
    ✭✭  / 

No, mine was stuck on November. I sideloaded December, then January popped up right after.

• kdhuk kdhuk
    ✭✭  / 

Mine has just updated to December 2019, restarted and it immediately updated to January 2020. (in the UK, no VPN, on Vodafone)

• Mark Coley Mark Coley
    ✭✭✭  / 

Updated twice now in quick succession in the UK on Vodafone.

• Where can i donload the december patch? And how do i instal them?

• Gursev Singh Gursev Singh
    ✭✭  / 

Hey Guys...I am...from India...

Even i am facing the same kind of issue...

My Nokia8.1 is stucked on September Security Patch and there are too many bugs in the phone!...

Anyone else from India facing the same issue?

My build Number:- 00WW_5_15B

Anysolution?

• markw49 markw49
    ✭✭✭  / 

Where did you get your phone as it has the Russian firmware which is not as well maintained. It should be 00WW_4_15B in India, find a service center and get them to reflash the correct firmware for your region.