echo after android 10 upgrade

My wife has a nokia 7.1 which worked fine until she upgraded to android 10.now when she rings me on my car bluetooth I hear her but when I speak I can hear myself echoing back to her.

echo after android 10 upgrade

PN PN
✭✭  / 

My wife has a nokia 7.1 which worked fine until she upgraded to android 10.now when she rings me on my car bluetooth I hear her but when I speak I can hear myself echoing back to her. She swapped her sim and put it in her old Honor phone and called me and there was no echo problem. It seems to be an issue with the android 10 upgrade.

Comments

• Ashish Hunkeri Ashish Hunkeri
    Super User  / 

Yes this one is soft bug in android 10. I hope team will fix up in next MR update.

• Prianku Prianku
    ✭✭  / 

Yes. It's also occurred in my nokia 7.1 after updating to android 10. Hope they will solve this issue.

• Hey, i also have this issue, i have 55 nokia 7.1s (for my company) and most of them that have updated to Android 10 suffer this issue. however i found a work around. It seems to be related to the "Hey Google" feature of the phone. Turning that off has resolved this issue for me.

1) open the app called "Google"

2) in the bottom right corner, click "More"

3) click "settings"

4) click "Voice"

5) click "Voice Match"

6) Toggle "Hey Google" off (slider to the left)

Hope this helps and fingers crossed this gets fixed in the next update. Its nice to see that quality control is still a thing...

• PN PN
    ✭✭  / 

Hi I have tried this and yes it works. No more echo thank you for the advice👍️

• DimitriGR DimitriGR
    ✭✭  /  edited February 2020

My thanks to you for the workaround as well, this echo thing was driving every caller crazy...!

Honestly, I can't figure out how "Hey Google" command interferes with audio processing during a call, but I home the Nokia team does soon..unless this proves to be a bug in the latest versions of the google app itself since I found that the problem affects Pixel and Xiaomi Android One owners as well.

link1: https://support.google.com/pixelphone/thread/6205790?hl=en

link2: https://www.androidexplained.com/mi-a2-fix-call-echo/

• Jmj Jmj
     / 

So issue is still there... Brand new 5.3. and 6.2 same echoing, so annoying that nokia obviously give a f*k about this

Since months no change

And the support chat via the app "myphone" is worst they keep on pushing people to reset the entire phone as if that would help

Luckily I found this thread

Thanks

PS I wanted to support nokia as a reborn brand kinda a European history background besides all other us and Asian ones but this is worst