A scary incident : fingers crossed ..just trust should not be broken.

So it happened this night ,the night I wrote this ,all was good I switched my phone to battery saver ,battery level was 12% and then I kept it idle went to sleep ,woke up found phone is switched off automatically,I thought the battery fully drained ,so I firstly thought to switch on .but nothing.

A scary incident : fingers crossed ..just trust should not be broken.

aviral singh aviral singh
✭✭  / 

So it happened this night ,the night I wrote this ,all was good I switched my phone to battery saver ,battery level was 12% and then I kept it idle went to sleep ,woke up found phone is switched off automatically,I thought the battery fully drained ,so I firstly thought to switch on .but nothing. Happened, nothing then I connected the charger ,again nothing. Happened,this was the point which got me so scared,I thought myself what did I do wrong ,the device is just a month old and I keep it like a baby and 😞,but kept calm and tried few more times and it boot up ..but now um very scared what just happened..the time I am typing this all is good..let's hope ..it's the first and the last time it happened.

And big news :nokia replacing the ports of 8.1 too,why the **** it will become loose .I have been very good at handling my phone especially when it is charging.i don't even touch my phone by the fear if the cable moves a bit it can make the port loose over time .but just fingers crossed.

Comments

• aviral singh aviral singh
    ✭✭  / 

No dude have kept many devices my first device was lg cookie in the year 2010 and from then many devices .had a nokia 5235 and after that its my second nokia device .has been using sa amsung ,balckberry ,Motorola ,htc,etc ..it would be my 25 th device from 2010 .lol 😃😂😉

• singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited February 16

So, basically what did you try? Was it empty battery? You tried charging it? Or was it just non-responsive and you force rebooted it?

I'm not aware of your region. But if you are in a very cold region, an empty battery will take a little while before it will start charging. That's because the temperatures are lower than ideal charging temperatures and the device may need some time to get some heat run through its nerves lol I've heard this, never witnessed it because it doesn't get that cold in here.

For the USB port, a Nokia 8.1 with that issue is a rare sight. Don't worry, my Nokia 8.1 has been doing great even after more than an year of usage and I'm the one who charges his phones twice a day lol. Just enjoy your phone. Its gonna work good.

✭✭  / 

Nan

No no no ..I switched it on it had about 15% juice ..and still it didn't fire on ..so yes you are right from a dead bbattery it takes time..but if battery is still there it should not take time .

✭✭  / 

Yep .actually it had 12-13 % battery ..I just switched the battery saver on and then ..after a nap when I woke up around after 4 hours .I touched the phone it was off ..I switched it on and then when nothing happened I just connected the charger but still it didn't start charging ..so I kept trying to boot the phone and it switched on ..I dont what happened..why did it not switch on in first attempts ..and yes when I switched it on it was not connected to the wall charger.