[Merged] PureDisplay Problem after Android 10 - Yellowish screen - Page 2

Does anyone know how to permanently get out of this problem!

[Merged] PureDisplay Problem after Android 10 - Yellowish screen

Comments

• Nilothpal Nilothpal
    ✭✭  / 

Does anyone know how to permanently get out of this problem!

• Nilothpal Nilothpal
    ✭✭  / 

It is not! You share any photo from Google photos or set it as a wallpaper your display will turn yellow! I Bet

• user1539890505128 user1539890505128
    ✭✭  / 

I already chart with nokia supoort and they gave me solution here there is a solution

I would like to inform you that follow the below steps to resolve your issue:-

Step 1: Go to settings >> apps and notifications >> all apps >> select Camera and photos application >> storage >> clear cache >> force stop >> done.

Step 2: Go to the settings>>system>>reset>>click on reset app preferences >> reset apps.

Step 3: I request you to try to force restart your device by pressing power button and volume up key button at same time for 20 seconds.

I hope the will be resolve your problem my same issue is solved by doing this

• aman maurya aman maurya
    ✭✭  / 

Step 1: Go to settings >> apps and notifications >> all apps >> select Camera and photos application >> storage >> clear cache >> force stop >> done.

Step 2: Go to the settings>>system>>reset>>click on reset app preferences >> reset apps.

Step 3: I request you to try to force restart your device by pressing power button and volume up key button at same time for 20 seconds.

• dasakas553 dasakas553
    ✭✭  / 

Team Nokia please do something.

• Nilothpal Nilothpal
    ✭✭  / 

All Nokia 8.1 users are not facing this issue! My sister to had Nokia 8.1 she is not facing any problem with the yellow issue. Onky limited users including me! I m very badluck! I want a developer 😓😭

• duyhung1009 duyhung1009
    ✭✭  / 

I'm writing the app myself, and it's frustrating not being able to align colors properly. I have had this problem for a long time but I don't understand why Nokia has not fixed the problem yet.

• user1510513469185 user1510513469185
    ✭✭  / 

While i switch on to vivid mode after some time screen turns yellowish why ? Why still no fix for the bugs vivid mode is for Clear View of colours but it turns to yellowish like basic mode why hmd no fix for Android 10 till now

Disappointed

• user1510513469185 user1510513469185
    ✭✭  / 

Its March 8 now and still hmd hasn't fixed it I'm so disappointed 8.1 was their best design smartphone but they are not concentrating in the smartphone

• santoshh santoshh
    ✭✭  / 

Yeah...it is automatically switching into that mode even i selected vivid mode instead of dynamic mode it is automatically switching into cinema mode and not getting back to vivid mode

• PrinceFrancis PrinceFrancis
    ✭✭  / 

Display changes the colour wrost ......I will throw my 8.1 if it is not fixed ......

It will irritated ..lot .

• Sunil Jena Sunil Jena
    ✭✭✭  / 

Same here

• Ganesh 303 Ganesh 303
    ✭✭  / 

While watching photos display profile is jumping to cinema mode and again not switching back to normal profile.please fix this issue

• ashu361 ashu361
    ✭✭  / 

Same thing is happening with mine too.

• Gv Ram Gv Ram
    ✭✭  / 

I'm also facing some issue on my nokia 8.1

• sujan03 sujan03
    ✭✭  / 

Guys please report this to nokia India and Nokia mobiles on twitter I am doing it since yesterday if everyone reports it then surely they will have to take action on this pure display bug nokia 8.1 is a sexy Device but this bug is very irritating.please do it quickly as possible even copy paste this link from Nokia forums. when u msg them.

• sujan03 sujan03
    ✭✭  / 

Guys I have msgd Nokia mobiles on Twitter please keep texting and tweeting them abt this at any cost

• Sougat Dey Sougat Dey
    ✭✭  / 

They just have taken the customers for granted. Next time I'm gonna hit the service centre for this. Because they're the only physicsal contact available to us. It's their responsibility too to presurize the company to fix bugs.

• thisisarunava thisisarunava
    ✭✭  / 

Whenever I start an HDR content in YouTube or normal media player, my nokia 8.1's screen gets dull, yellowish and it sets the screen to basic mode automatically. There is a bug. hello Nokia, can you hear that? THERE IS A BUG!! I know you can fix this. So please fix this in the next update.

• user1555208268263 user1555208268263
    ✭✭✭  / 

Nokia 8.1 has software puredisplay tech,, but no hardware

• venkat rohit venkat rohit
    ✭✭  / 

Hi Nokia,

I had been experiencing an issue in my Nokia 8.1 device since the previous update in Android 10 feb 2020 patch.

The color temperature/night light is been applied automatically applied as a screen filter.

The major issue is that I checked whether my night light is set to auto but it isn't and did checked same with the pure display.

Turned on and off the device. Restarted it. However if I switch the pure display options/restart or power off the device the screen is in normal state and color temperature. I strongly suppose that this is a software issue in the feb 2020 patch.

Kindly look into this.

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

Hi @venkat rohit

Your post was moved here as it seems that you're facing the same issue as all the others here. The PureDisplay's cinema mode gets triggered and it doesn't reset to its original state until rebooted.

• yonoff yonoff
    ✭✭  / 

I found some workaround on Russian forum 4pda.ru

(I post it a second time because the previous post disappeared after trying to edit)

I can't verify this because I already downgraded to android 9, please check and confirm if it works:

1. Set "Vivid" mode in "PureDisplay" settings. (if the screen is already yellowish switch the modes few times until it will normalize)
    2. In developer options search for "Background check" (https://dl3.pushbulletusercontent.com/UWxWIrJCYBo9c5Vgm03XV0gDzO5qKzKl/Screenshot_20200329-100322.png) and turn off "White balance" here (https://dl3.pushbulletusercontent.com/m5JoDRPTkZHl0w5gMyI80w7BkS6ARsMU/Screenshot_20200329-100354.png)
    3. In phone settings search for "White balance" app and disable it (I'm not sure if this step is required)
    4. Verify if this workaround works
    5. Reboot the phone and verify again if it still works
    6. Reply here if it solves the issue
  • Nilothpal Nilothpal
    ✭✭  / 

To all my dear friends! The yellow display bug is gone.. its fixed by the update. Just update your phone to latest March update 😍😍