Can't pull /swipe down notification bar

I cracked my screen 6 months ago, but the touch was working fine. Just from last night only, I can't swipe down the notification bar.

Can't pull /swipe down notification bar

amitchaudhary amitchaudhary
✭✭  / 

I cracked my screen 6 months ago, but the touch was working fine. Just from last night only, I can't swipe down the notification bar. I can only swipe it down just below the notch area not from the side and it's frustrating.bIt works fine when I swipe it down from fingerprint but not from the screen. Any solution for this? Restart didn't help.

I did the screen test and you can see the touch won't register and there's a gap to the side of the notch but the center (below the notch) works fine.

Does the screen needs to be changed? Should I do a factory reset? HELP

Tagged:

Answers

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Hi @amitchaudhary,

Yes the faulty touchscreen could be because the glass is broken, the touchscreen digitiser is actually quite fragile.

You could try these possible solutions, but I think you will probably need a screen replacement.

1. Soft reset - long press the power button until the phone restarts
    2. Safe mode - press the power button then long press the power icon on screen then select safe mode. This will disable all your personal apps so it can be useful for eliminating those as a problem. Use the phone for a long period of time in this mode to see if the problem happens again. If it does then there is a problem with one of your apps.
    3. Hard reset but keep your files
    4. Hard reset and delete all of your files.

Cheers 🙂