February 2020 Security Patch is here for the Nokia 9 PureView | Brings WiFi Calling as well - Page 2

(Quote) That's fine. I understand. Even I got triggered that day on your "had to buy a new phone" comment. 😅

February 2020 Security Patch is here for the Nokia 9 PureView | Brings WiFi Calling as well

Comments

• Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited May 10

That's fine. I understand. Even I got triggered that day on your "had to buy a new phone" comment. 😅

• attractive attractive
     / 

i have the latest patch 1april2020 however i don't have wifi calling feature

and if my mobile pas this update how can i get it and install it?

• FredS FredS
    ✭✭  / 

Hi Kartik & others,

I FINALLY (after 5+ months) discovered what caused the wifi calling & volte options to be missing (no thanks to Nokia, Google or my carrier). It appears that there is an app/file on the phone called com.android.carrierconfig.atl.mccmnc310410  (your name may be slightly different. I uninstalled this app under Setting -> Apps and problem went away, had to do a RESTART. Wifi calling & volte options are back & working once again. Not to sure what this app/file was doing on my phone or who put it there. It does appear that this started to happen after Nokia pushed AndroidOne ver 10 in Jan 2020.

Any way problem fixed. It would have been nice if one of the 3 players involved figured it out before I did.

• FredS FredS
    ✭✭  / 

Well that didn't last long. All wifi calling & volte options are missing once again after Nokia pushed the May 2020 security update. I GUESS THIS WILL NEVER BE FIXED.

Tired of Nokia, Google & ATT finger pointing. Very discouraged with the support I am NOT receiving to fix this bug.

• Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

WiFi Calling is present on my Nokia 9 PureView and VoLTE too. My phone is on May security patch and below are the screenshots:

• FredS FredS
    ✭✭  / 

I think I posted this on the wrong forum should have been on Nokia 7.1. Sorry.

But now cannot see option even in safe mode.