How to restore SMS on Android from backup taken on Windows Phone?

I am not able to restore SMS on Nokia 7.2. I took backup of contacts and SMS on SD card but I am not able to restore SMS on Nokia 7.2? Can anyone help?

How to restore SMS on Android from backup taken on Windows Phone?

Manoj Mehra Manoj Mehra
✭✭  / 

I am not able to restore SMS on Nokia 7.2. I took backup of contacts and SMS on SD card but I am not able to restore SMS on Nokia 7.2? Can anyone help?

Tagged:

Comments

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

Hi, it is not possible to bring the Windows Phone SMS messages to Android. At least, I was not able to find a working way to do that. Somebody will have to develop an app which can convert the WP texts into a format which can be restored on Android.

• Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    Super User  / 

Is it possible to back up all those msgs to OneDrive and then restore on Android by installing OneDrive app? 🤔

• Manoj Mehra Manoj Mehra
    ✭✭  / 

After trying everything for many days, I came across an article in which author mentioned a way to restore SMS from Windows phone to Android and believe me this is probably only way to restore your SMS. I restored over 3000 SMS using the way mentioned in that article.

Everything is explained in the article. You just need three things

1. Backup you have taken using contacts+message app on Windows Phone
    2. Python script that the author has provided
    3. SMS backup & restore android app which you can download from play store

Download the Python script and extract it using some compression software like WinRar. Run the python file named convert. Command prompt will open and then type the command mentioned in the article. You will get a sms.xml file. Then restore your SMS using SMS backup & restore android app.

Here is the link of the article

https://medium.com/@matteocontrini/how-to-transfer-windows-phone-smses-to-android-6d5e941f3362