[Moved] Display time change

My Nokia 8.1 have been automatically switching to 15 seconds sleep mode all the time what can do to stop this please

[Moved] Display time change

Obatayo Obatayo
✭✭  /  edited February 26

My Nokia 8.1 have been automatically switching to 15 seconds sleep mode all the time what can do to stop this please

Comments

• user1520881638007 user1520881638007
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Go to Settings>Display>Sleep

from there change the time as per your requirements

if it is not working then once do the common trouble shoot steps like boot the device into safe mode ,reset the device and see if things gets fixed

• Obatayo Obatayo
    ✭✭  / 

Many thanks I have changed it in setting severally but within seconds it turns back to 15secs automatically.

Can you kindly give me steps on how to boot the phone in safe mode and reset please.

• user1520881638007 user1520881638007
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited February 26

Safe Mode:

• Press the Power Button
    • Tap and Hold the Power Off
    • A message"reboot to safe mode" will be appeared
    • Tap on OK and it will reboot to safe mode
    • Remember that while on safe mode ,only pre loaded apps will be shown and other installed apps will be in-visible

For Device Reset

• Settings>System>Reset options>Erase All Data
  • Obatayo Obatayo
    ✭✭  / 

Thanks alot but hope the erase data command will not erase my details on the phone?

• Obatayo Obatayo
    ✭✭  / 

• Obatayo Obatayo
    ✭✭  / 

Thanks for your response . Although sounds insulting @ "do you understand English " of course I do . It's just that sometimes technical jargons differ to exact English meanings.

Anyway thank you .

• Obatayo Obatayo
    ✭✭  / 

• Obatayo Obatayo
    ✭✭  / 

Little feelings but dear to my integrity.

Anyway, I still thank you for your efforts I m pretty sure that's what all these is about. I am a complete gentle and easy going man .

It is a beautiful world for us all to live and enjoy I'm .

I LOVE YOU MY BROTHER.

• singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

I'll suspect that there will be some app causing the change in settings. And it sometimes become very hard to figure out which one. But general culprits are apps such as "Battery Manager", "Phone booster" etc.

Also check if you have authorized such an app with the "Modify system settings" special access. You can find the options in Settings => Apps.