Nokia 8 Andr. 9.x and where is "desktop mode" ?

Hi everyone. I've just purchased Nokia 8 and it's such a nice phone, though kind of expected, for one it's Nokia and two really nice hardware specs...

Nokia 8 Andr. 9.x and where is "desktop mode" ?

pawel.e pawel.e
✭✭  / 

Hi everyone.

I've just purchased Nokia 8 and it's such a nice phone, though kind of expected, for one it's Nokia and two really nice hardware specs... which allow for external HDMI via USB-C.... but why I cannot get the phone connect to external 4k TV?

To my surprise there is nothing in 'developer options' which would explicitly speak of 'desktop mode' thus my question is - am I missing something or Nokia 8 indeed does NOT support 'destkop via HDMI' ?

many thanks, P.

Comments

• user389 user389
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited March 2

Desktop Mode will (maybe?) come with Android 10 on some devices (= not Nokia 8), but for Wi-Fi casting, not via cables.

Google want us to buy a Chromecast dongle if the TV doesn't have it built-in - and expect everybody have a fast Internet connection and a 5GHZ LAN. Screen mirroring to Chromecast is possible but that's not the same thing and does not work particularly well on Nokia 8 for me - VLC media player and Poweramp works fine to play media files stored on the phone.

-- Hans

• Wich Nokia phones support the Android 10 desktop mode.