Bring slider phone with qwerty keyboard

Bring us back the nokia slider phones having screen sliding and below it a qwerty keyboard.

Bring slider phone with qwerty keyboard

user1520676046764 user1520676046764
✭✭  / 

Bring us back the nokia slider phones having screen sliding and below it a qwerty keyboard.

Comments

• chetan18 chetan18
    ✭✭✭  / 

You really touched my heart by creating this thread.

I really missed experience of Nokia E63 which was Qwerty phone.

If Nokia consider my request I love to use Qwerty keypad phone.

Hoping for the best

• Im also waiting for a sliding qwerty keyboard device with android for a long time. There are some like Gemini PD and Fxtec. But if nokia will do it it will be the best. I miss E7.

• himalayanmonk himalayanmonk
    ✭✭  / 

I would definitely think about buying a qwerty phone if Nokia launches it! I loved E7. Wonderful design! Since Nokia is reviving classic phones. I hope they refresh some qwerty phone soon.

• saad anwar saad anwar
    ✭✭  / 

Nokia you must revive E63 which was quite a stellar in the market. Today small compact phones are becoming a rarity in the market with majority of manufacturers going for screen above 6.5 inch. If you can create a phone similar in size as 6.1 plus (5.8 inch) with touchscreen on the top half and QWERTY in the bottom half, i bet you will regain lost ground.

Blackberry had tried this earlier but failed due to miserable market/servicing and ridiculous pricing. Common Nokia its not impossible. You can do it. Bring a new E63 touchscreen with Android flavor.

• smh77 smh77
    ✭✭  / 

Can't see it. It's very niche now. BlackBerry couldn't make it work after 2012 and they probably set the standard with the Curve.

I know it's less than a decade for some. But combining a capacitive screen with a physical QWERTY keypad via moving parts just seems like too much of a dead end. I'd pick one up with nostalgic interest, but just as easily put it down with a wry smile.