Nokia is one of the world's most ethical companies, apparently

Hi all, Thanks to Nokiamob I learnt that Nokia is once again considered one of the world's most ethical companies... one of 132 to be exact.

Nokia is one of the world's most ethical companies, apparently

madbilly madbilly
✭✭✭✭  / 

Hi all,

Thanks to Nokiamob I learnt that Nokia is once again considered one of the world's most ethical companies... one of 132 to be exact. https://www.worldsmostethicalcompanies.com/honorees/?fwp_industry=telecommunications

However, there are a couple of things I noticed about this:

1. Not all companies are considered - a company must pay to be included in the assessment
  2. The actual criteria and results of the assessment don't seem to be available to the public.

They do say that not all companies which are included are honoured, so this means that this isn't just straightforward paid-for advertising, but the cynic in me thinks it's not far off. 🤨 If anyone has more information about this award and what is actually means then please share 🙂

Cheers 😃

Tagged:

Comments

• user389 user389
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

I wonder how any company that produce consumer goods with a programmed lifespan of around two years after purchase can be considered ethical at all?

Margrethe Vestager ... recently started in a new job as executive vice president of the European Commission "for a Europe Fit for the Digital Age" - Her previous merits should scare every CEO in the business 🙂

-- Hans

• manishsaini776 manishsaini776
    ✭✭  / 

Cracking Sound Not Fixed for Last two months. WASTE Service By Nokia.

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Hi @user389,

It is Nokia not HMD who are named in this back-slapping contest, although I know that Nokia do make some consumer products they don't make as many as HMD do.

Cheers 🙂