Bugs and 3310 4G version?

I've noticed some very frustrating bugs in the 3310 3G and feel the need to share them:

Bugs and 3310 4G version?

simplesimon simplesimon
✭✭  / 

I've noticed some very frustrating bugs in the 3310 3G and feel the need to share them:

1) Sending 4-5 text messages at a time? It'll cut off the final text or two - so your recipient doesn't get all 5 messages. Which means it's only good for very short 1-2 text messages

2) Bluetooth - the contact book doesn't load on your car's system (I have a vauxhall), so you cannot call people from your car's touchscreen

3) Notifications - sometimes when you get an SMS , it doesn't show an icon on the lock screen (yes, my settings are 100% correct).

4) Not a bug but just extremely annoying - custom dictionary - resets after everytime you turn the phone off and on. So if you've got a custom dictionary with 100 words in....if you turn your phone on/off, kiss goodbye to your custom list!

There are probably another few issues, but these are the main ones. @Nokia - we SERIOUSLY need a 3310 4G on KaiOS that's updated regularly. The 3310 3G's T9 is pretty good, KaiOS needs to massively catch up and implement a custom dictionary that's saved to the phone.

Comments

• Chris16 Chris16
     / 

Hi, please can someone help me fix a VERY annoying bug? Whenever I switch on the phone the home screen shows the sender and the first line of a text message even though I have previously deleted the message and the contact details of the sender! Have tried removing and re-installing the SIM card etc. MANY THANKS!

• StarRig StarRig
    ✭✭  / 

Yes, I have the Nokia 3310 3G and can't download the phone book to car system - Ford Sync 3. Looking at the latest compatibility on the Ford website, it clearly states that this phone can't download the phonebook, but will sync.

So, now I'm thinking about getting the Nokia 3310 4G, which has a newer operating system. This phone is not on the Ford compatibility list yet, so I am wondering if anyone with a Nokia 3310 4G has managed to download their phonebook - preferably to Ford Sync 3.

I will start a new thread about this (when I come out of the 24 hour quarantine period), although there does not seem to be a separate forum for Nokia 3310 phones - I suppose most people are only interested in Smart Phones these days.

• StarRig StarRig
    ✭✭  / 

Silly me, just realised I was in the forum for 3310, in the Feature phones list.