Deliberate delay or brawl at customers?

Hello! Is Nokia 8 Sirocco part of the android one program? If you are part of the android one project, where are the promised monthly updates?

Deliberate delay or brawl at customers?

Iustin Iustin
✭✭  / 

Hello! Is Nokia 8 Sirocco part of the android one program? If you are part of the android one project, where are the promised monthly updates?

Comments

• singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Which patch is your device currently running? We saw some delay with the Feb patches and that's likely due to the Corona thing affecting productivity in several parts of the world.

Is your device on January 2020 patch right now? Or even older?

• Iustin Iustin
    ✭✭  / 

Yes, is on january S.P. 2020.

the problem is that for the last few months the monthly updates have come late and have not brought new features such as VoLTE, wifi dialing. The operator says that should be in the phone menu the option to activate the above, Nokia says that they are active in the factory and must be activated by the telephone operator. Who lies ?!

• Lazysince1995 Lazysince1995
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

I'm using Wifi calling since last 30 days. Nokia enabled wifi calling feature about 30-40 days back. And its upto network operator now to give this features to make use of it.

Currently in India, Jio and Airtel network operators providing this feature.

• Iustin Iustin
    ✭✭  /  edited March 9

Im not in India. My country is Romania, operator Digi, i try Vodafone, Orange, and Telekom. VoLTE and VoWiFI still no avaible.

With all due respect, Nokia leaves much to be desired when it comes to software support.

Lazysince 1995 youre terminal îs Nokia 8 Sirocco?

• Wanderlust Wanderlust
    ✭✭✭  / 

I use nokia 6.1 plus personally but my one of good friend using all above mentioned features on his Nokia 8 Sirroco.

• singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Who lies?

Both! Yeah it is a combined effort and collaboration between the operator and the phone maker. They need to sit together, then the carrier needs to test and approve the device. If any compatibility issues are found, then phopne maker needs to issue an update to fix that. And then finally the operator includes the phone in their database of devices along with their target software version on which VoLTE/VoWiFi should be enabled (the trigger is from the network's side - unless they provision VoLTE/VoWiFi, the entry will not show up on the phone's menu).

So, there's no hope for your Sirocco, until Nokia visits your operator and gets a deal done. Else until your operator whitelists all devices i.e. any device which has VoLTE/VoWiFi features is automatically provisioned to use it. This is usually done by operators who don't have a 3G/2G network to fallback for making calls. A good example is Reliance Jio in India.

• Iustin Iustin
    ✭✭  / 

Finally, the security patch was released in February! Hey Nokia we are in March 09.03.2020 ...