Home › Phones › Nokia 5.1 Plus

[Merged] Android 10 update

Android 10 update for Nokia 5.1 plus is cancelled due to Covid-19 (Corona) virus infection in Nokia.😛 Anyone who wants to use Android 10, please buy another phone.

[Merged] Android 10 update

AwaraLucky AwaraLucky
✭✭✭  /  edited March 16

Android 10 update for Nokia 5.1 plus is cancelled due to Covid-19 (Corona) virus infection in Nokia.😛

Anyone who wants to use Android 10, please buy another phone. 😁

Comments

• Khabir Khabir
    ✭✭  /  edited March 7

It was March 7, 2020, but when will I see Nokia 5.1plus android 10? Because this month has not come for Android 10, and we do not see any new Nokia phones but we do not see any update on our phone..why??

• Satyajit giri Satyajit giri
    ✭✭  / 

It's allready March month

• ManLikeCliff ManLikeCliff
    ✭✭✭  / 

😂😂😂 This question is really hard to answer but they know what they're doing

• user1520881638007 user1520881638007
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

As you can see it's between "April-May 2020" for your device and also have a look at * mark

• singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

They too are pushed to April, if you see the new timeline. Only Nokia 2.2 is marked to clearly get it in March. Others are somewhere in the end of March to early in April. Also, you see the 7.2/6.2 are their newest phones and much higher in their value chain. They should give them some priority.

• MdSadique MdSadique
    ✭✭✭  /  edited March 14

Xiaomi made the same excuse for Android 10 update delay for mi a3 . The update was expected to roll out in mid February but it didn't happened as the schedule . They said due to the outbreak of coronavirus they had to delay the update of Android 10 but in the same month poco X2 received a new update regarding camera improvements , security patch and system stability improvements . And now Nokia ohh i mean HMD just making the same excuse . It's just a indirect way of saying that they don't care about that particular device users. If it's due to coronavirus then how they able to push updates to a wide range of smartphones in March but not the Nokia 5.1 plus ?

• MdSadique MdSadique
    ✭✭✭  / 

I agree Android one is just useless Marketing whether it's from Xiaomi or hmd it's just sucks

• singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

In that sense, 6 Nokia phones have also been updated to Android 10 in early January and before. Then, the outbreak picked up, MWC got cancelled, stock markets crashed, people got locked in, corporations got shut down, governments started restricting travels, communications got interrupted and lots more. My friend living in Mumbai has been tasked to work from home since a week now. Another friend in the Philippines was, yesterday, told to take his office desktop (YES!) to his home because they do not want them to come to work and he will only be handling emergency requests. And only like 10% of staff was asked to do this. Others are sent to non-paid leave until the situation improves. Not all kinds of work can be done from home, because that will also require the companies to open up their internal intranet networks and be accessible over internet

I do not really wanna compare to other brands. It depends a lot on where your employees are and how well you treat them. It is a known fact that European Companies are governed by stricter policies, CSR operations and requirements as compared to those in Asia. EU's laws are very strict and I'm at least glad on this aspect that HMD is not forcing its employees to work until they are prepared to tackle this health hazard. This, IF it is fundamentally correct that the delay happened due to Coronavirus. If it happened due to some other factors, then we can nullify this excuse. But we do not know for sure.

I ain't here to drink somebody else's criticism. SuperUser tag is only for some users who will be helping in organizing the forum threads so that you can access more of information and less of spam/trolling. SuperUsers aren't required to defend HMD or be nice to them. I'm one among you for that task of being a critic. I criticize them enough in the areas where I feel they are really performing bad. I just do not mind a slight delay in the delivery of a software update. Health and safety of people is much more important than that. I'll keep my criticism for when they will release the update and it will be full of annoying bugs.

it means Android One program is just bullshit and a marketing strategy to fool customers.

It is upto you as you wanna sum it up. I hate Android One too, although for entirely different reasons. But talking of the program, you are promised of monthly updates, and a long term (2 years) core Android support. It never said that you will get the core Android updates "faster" or you'll be the "first". Also, if after using a phone which was launched with Android 8, and updated almost every month with patches and then Android 9, you still have complaints with Android One as a platform and its update assurances, then there's no solution. I'd really wanna know of other brand phones sold at this price which were maintained well with software updates and which got 2 major Android releases.

From Android.com/one/

Android One phones will receive at least two years of OS upgrades. With the latest version of Android, you'll get software that auto-adjusts to your needs, and helps you get things done more easily throughout the day.

• ManLikeCliff ManLikeCliff
    ✭✭✭  /  edited March 15

My question really is why did these two new phones ship with pie instead of 10? Making it gain access to Android 10 and 11 and it ends there (that's 2 major OS update)

• AwaraLucky AwaraLucky
    ✭✭✭  / 

First about Android one, Yes they said we will get the latest android version before anyone else. Yes they said it, I clearly remember, Because I purchased a Nokia phone I mean HMD phone only and only for two reasons, 1. stock android, 2. android one (to get the latest android early than anyone else.)

about the monthly security patches, I don't care about that, It's useless for me.

now about the coronavirus, it's just a bad hype nothing else, coronavirus is as equal as a normal cold virus, the death rate from this virus is less than 1%

My English is bad but I will try to describe it a little.

If you see the stats, when I am writing this comment, coronavirus has killed 5839 people in only 75 days all over the world.

but you should know, Alcohol kills more than 6 lakh people in 75 days every year. (which one is more dangerous, and which one should be stopped?)

Coronavirus is a business of fear. people from all over the world(excluding me and people like me) are customers, they will pay (taxes for budgets for corona, corona diagnostic tools, etc) WHO are the distributor (they will also get a share in profit and two-nation ( USA and China are the main profit maker, they will be selling diagnostic tools for coronavirus).

they are saying there is no vaccine, medicine or treatment until now to cure coronavirus.

if it's true then how 759333 people have been recovered from coronavirus?

The medical industry is running the biggest scam and reality show in this world.

you people should watch this video before spreading the fear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDl-A6l1uJ0

• Ashish Rathour Ashish Rathour
    ✭✭  / 

Is there any possibility to get the latest version of Android 10 update on Nokia 5.1 plus? If yes then when if no then why?

• DE SHEN DE SHEN
    ✭✭  / 

Because of the Chinese Coronavirus, the update of Android 10 has been delayed.

It may be released at the end of April (hopefully).

• AwaraLucky AwaraLucky
    ✭✭✭  / 

Yes You will get Android 10 on Nokia 5.1 plus when some other phones will start getting Android 11.😁

• Krou705 Krou705
    ✭✭  / 

I do not care that it is overdue as long as it comes with camera2api and without a bug. (unlike 6.1 x6 and 7.1 which are full of bugs)

• Krishnendu Khan Krishnendu Khan
    ✭✭  / 

I read all the conversation and am agree with you. Actually we are using a ordinary mobile with Android one stickers in back side. Almost 1.4 years over but HMD Global don't care about the bug's.

1. Screen freezing

2. Proximity sensor proper working

3. Automatic battery drain problem

4. Black screen problem in camera

This are the problem where am suffering from last 1 year (after pic updated). If you see the community tab you will be found many other problems but HMD Global think the Nokia 5.1 plus is completely bug's free so they don't realise any maintenance (MR) updated in last 6 month. Its a very bad experience from HMD Global.

** If I hurt anyone so I am sorry and also for my bad English

• Mich.Marino Mich.Marino
    ✭✭  /  edited March 21
  • Mich.Marino Mich.Marino
    ✭✭  /  edited March 21

Nokia 5.1 Plus

Wait for Nokia 5.1 Plus - Android 10 Update

• Sanket Shembekar Sanket Shembekar
    ✭✭  / 

Didn't get update for 5.1 plus but I received update for 2.2 , when will get the update on 5.1 plus

• bohdan356 bohdan356
    ✭✭  / 

We will get it in Q2 2020 (in April-June), according to new roadmap

• Update kab milega ....jaldi update 10 release kar do .ya fir beta update release karo..

• Aref Khan Aref Khan
    ✭✭  / 

Hi guys

Is there anybody who knows the exact date of Android 10 for Nokia 5.1 plus dwvices

• user1540952022706 user1540952022706
    ✭✭  / 

I think Android 10 will arrive in June to August.

So don't keep much hope.

• PB Pritam PB Pritam
    ✭✭  / 
  • chetan18 chetan18
    ✭✭✭  / 
  • Zee Shan Zee Shan
    ✭✭  / 

It was Q1 of 2020 earlier and then it goes to Q2....due to CoVid-19