Nokia 7.1 died overnight

Long story short: My phone randomly died overnight without me doing anything. Yesterday evening it worked just fine, battery at around 50%.

Nokia 7.1 died overnight

Husky Husky
✭✭  / 

Long story short: My phone randomly died overnight without me doing anything.

Yesterday evening it worked just fine, battery at around 50%. This morning it seemed to be turned off, which was weird. I tried switching it on, and the Android logo appeared once for 5 seconds. That's the last thing that worked. I've left it charging for an hour now, to no avail. Even the Andorid logo won't show anymore.

If I connect the phone to my PC, it recognizes a "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008". Seems to me like the phone is bricked?

It was running Andoid 10, February security update if I remember correctly.

Anyone else experiencing the same issue?

Comments

• an&9994798033 an&9994798033
    ✭✭  / 

Last werk My S7 died same like this. So i bought 7.1. i fell down in well.

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

Hi, if it is actually in QDLoader 9008 mode, then you should be able to use Qualcomm's QFIL tool or Emergency Download option in OST LA to possibly attempt to recover the phone.

Or in case you manually changed the drivers to reflect this mode, then this will not work. A disassembly and pin shorting can force the QDLoader mode and a recovery can be attempted.

• Husky Husky
    ✭✭  / 

Thanks for the advice. I considered messing around with the OST to see if I could get it running again from there. However I've never done anything alike before. Was concerned I might mess things up even more... Since the phone is still under warranty I just returned it to the store. We'll see what they do with it...

I think all I've lost are some pictures. Should have invested into a microSD to save those on 😅

• ani0075saha ani0075saha
    ✭✭  / 

Hi @Husky, same problem here.

My Nokia 7.1 died sometime overnight on 03/21/2020 and it wouldn't switch on. Thinking that the battery might be drained, I plugged it in for a while. And sometime later, I was able to turn it on. It showed 68% charge. But it again died on it's own within a couple of minutes. I tried troubleshooting by looking at some suggestions on the internet and suggested by Nokia Care (hold the volume up and power button together) but it didn't work. I put in a repair request and they said your phone is not under warranty. I went back and checked. My order was placed on 03/23/2019. 🤦‍♂️ I don't know if they will cover the repair charge or not.

• BeeDee BeeDee
     / 

Like the above users...myNokia 7.1 died...fully charged and had been working fine. Would not come back on. THen I tried the Volume up Power button press together and Android 1 came on to the screen followed about twenty seconds later with a little logo that looked lie a space shuttle and the words " No Command" underneath...any clues? 03/07/2020