Suggestion: Merge the helpline for Nokia phones & TVs to avoid confusion

I noticed that the support page for Nokia phones now has a header which informs the number to call in case the user needs helps with the Nokia smart TVs.

Suggestion: Merge the helpline for Nokia phones & TVs to avoid confusion

singhnsk singhnsk
✭✭✭✭  / 

I noticed that the support page for Nokia phones now has a header which informs the number to call in case the user needs helps with the Nokia smart TVs. Gives an idea that the phones helpdesk was getting calls for TVs because yeah any user will search for "Nokia helpline" and not individually for TVs and phones.

Whilst this is ok too, it adds to the confusion. Wouldn't it be way nicer and less confusing be if HMD India and Flipkart can work together to merge their helpline number?

Promote one common phone number. The user should be given a choice via the IVR menu.

• For phones, press 1.
  • For smart TV products, press 2.

User presses 2 and he is forwarded to the Flipkart's call center. And if he presses 1, he should be sent to HMD's (TechMahindra?) :)

I believe that will save the Nokia phones helpdesk from receiving way lesser calls about television products as compared to the header on the website :P

And if it can be achieved: Nokia phone's helpdesk gets a call for TV => They inform the user that the TV helpdesk is different. And then offers the user a choice to forward his call to the TVs helpdesk => Does the forwarding.

Alternatively, both individual helplines can be maintained, but each one offers an IVR item to send any uninformed users to the right helpdesk.

I'll tag you here @dipankar paul :)