New Device without Android One

As we know, Many HMD GLOBAL devices have lots of bug and many features missing because of Android One Program. I have better idea.

New Device without Android One

Nirmal Katariya Nirmal Katariya
✭✭✭  / 

As we know, Many HMD GLOBAL devices have lots of bug and many features missing because of Android One Program.

I have better idea. HMD GLOBAL need to release completely new series of phone with Stock Android like UI like Asus. Asus has ZenUI 6 which is very much like stock Android with some additional features. I think HMD don't need to do lots of work regarding that. Just release Phone with same UI as Android One. But some additional features like 3 fingers screenshot, call recording, Face Unlock.

Now come to second point. As we all know most of OEMs gets some additional revenue ADs and bloatware. HMD GLOBAL can do this but in smart way like ask user during phone set up. It will help in aggressive pricing.

But whole point is don't interfere with current Nokia line-up. There should new series like New Nokia X1(😅I don't know why Indian people like X).

Thanks 😁

Comments

• Ishrat Parween Ishrat Parween
    ✭✭✭  / 

Ads and bloatware won't be a good addition on nokia phones but a different ui like oxygen os or zenui will be great

• chetan18 chetan18
    ✭✭✭  / 

Android One Mobile is good. But your suggestions is also good, I am sure HMD/Nokia will consider your suggestion and do needful in this matter.

✭✭✭  / 

No it's not good if it's good then why brands use their money , hard work and time to make custom ui

• singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited March 18

Ads can be a delivered choice for some users who do not want to pay the full price and are willing to see some ads. But there should be another, standard priced version which comes without any ads.

For example, the initial Nokia 6 (PLE) was sold in the US in 2 variants: one which was full priced and had no ads; and another which had ads on lockscreen (via amazon) and was sold over $100 cheaper. So, yeah there's a way to satisfy both sides. Ads based version should be sold online-only.

Moreover, I also agree for the main point - Departure from Android One and some additional features in the UI & software for better user experiences. And monthly security updates aren't necessary. Quarterly updates which bring something new will be a better idea.

• Nirmal Katariya Nirmal Katariya
    ✭✭✭  / 

My suggestion is not to make custom UI but but Stock UI. There no hardwork as you know many 3rd party developer do great work as compared to HMD GLOBAL like Pixel experience theme and there Android 10 Plus addition ROM. that's I am taking about. Only one or two developer can do for one mobile.

✭✭✭  / 

You need to change mindset to stay in India like competitive market.

I know ads and bloatware is bad but I am saying that don't compare it with current Nokia lineup. There should completely new line-up.

✭✭✭  / 

That's I am taking about...

Completely agree.

Do you know about how realme started ?

Same mobile as Oppo F7 rebrand as realme 1.

I think HMD need to do one experiment in India. They can launch mobile in other country with their Android One branding and in India without it but with very competitive prices.

✭✭✭  / 

As I remember HMD has their custom UI in China. With some additional features and some additional Apps like Music Player, Gallary and many more.

• singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Not just India, I'd say entire Asia or at least India and South-East Asia.

In fact, OnePlus also started as a rebranded OPPO phones with beefed up CPU, RAM and better software. BBK seems to be able to catch the nerve of the market pretty easily. Even though i dont like their business practices, there's a lot to learn from them.

Ads isn't something I love, but I know vast majority doesn't mind them and will take the ads option while getting the phone for cheaper. It is the same as how people want to use free Gmail which is also supported by ads. Or let's say pretty much every Google service works the same way.

✭✭✭  / 

My preference is good hardware + good software . I don't want more than what i pay for i want the best I can get a certain price. Not more than what i can get at a certain price. But sadly no smartphone manufacturer does that they heavily monetise the software and then give expensive features at a lower price . I kinda like Realme ui which is ad free and bloatwares can be uninstalled . I hate miui . Oxygen os , zenui , oneui and Realme ui are the best

• San93 San93
    ✭✭  / 

For Nokia to take into the note:

I was checking for the Nokia models available nowadays and I can say that all those phones are about nothing but the brand and brand (Nokia+Zeiss). You are really kidding if you are going to develop another models with those rainbow like plastics or adding thousands of cameras in backside like another companies does and so on. This kind of approach works only for those nowadays crazy gamers, which see only colors and nothing more or for people who think more camera's is better. Let's say currently mostly everyone using the phones with silicon covers in backside and what's from the front? Right - it's only display. So please stop making this bullshit. For what I was liking Nokia it was for it's solidness and quality first of all. Can somebody remember models like 6300? That elegance is awesome even this days.

A couple of free advices from an old fan. Create new phone which could be used without covers in back (should have a strong back cover to resist scratches. Aluminium like cover with silver color) and with less but quality camera, plus the camera(s) on back shouldn't get out from the back cover, it should stay safe when the phone is put on the table without silicon cover. The display size to be like not bigger than 5.5 inches. Curved display on sides is preferable. The phones whole case to be from a metal. Let's say to make a 6300 remake just only without keys, so in front we have only touchscreen. Also the notification lights like exactly in style of 6300 from both sides will be just great. And the phone could be a little bit thick. It's OK to not follow the modern trend and create something new,fresh and desirable ;) .

• San93 San93
    ✭✭  / 

for sure much thinner variant could be as well very interesting. even without super camera option. :D for bringing it to life.

✭✭✭  / 

Dear @singhnsk @HMDLaura @dipankar paul ,

Android 10 has many features like third party launcher support, Auto Dark Mode and real Dark mode not gray one. But Xiaomi said that it's all pixel exclusive. It's not available for Android One or AOSP. So Nokia smartphone will not get any features from March Pixel Features drop. In Android 11 developer release their many changes which are limited to only Pixel which is not available in AOSP ! I think Google making Android for their device only. They forget their are Android One devices !

So I think Nokia/HMD GLOBAL need to think about it as soon as possible. I don't want to see Nokia down again like past.

• singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

That's exactly what I've been speaking for a long time already. While Android One is restricting OEMs into offering features, Google itself doesn't follow that practice. Google is improving their experience on top of the standard stock Android, while poor Android One OEMs are stuck with what Google gives them. Pixel feature drops are happening for a good time already.

I was hoping that the new Nokia phones will get rid of Android One, but nah. It still sonehow works for Xiaomi as they only make 1 phone which would appeal enough to those few who are such a die-hard fan of Android One. But in the case of Nokia, having entire portfolio stuck on a worsening software experience is a concern. Hopefully HMD will open its eyes soon and face the real world 🤒

• victory.v10 victory.v10
    ✭✭  / 

I prefer android one phone.

✭✭✭  / 

Oh.. I see

You like Gray Mode instead of Dark mode.

You don't like face-unlock.

You don't like 3 fingers screenshot.

You don't like Screen recorder.

You don't like 3rd party launchers.

And big one... You like bugs.

😒I can't play PUBG at all because of audio bug. Who is responsible for it !

• And Awl And Awl
     / 

In upcoming 7.3 phone

there should be following things

1. minimum 4000 mAh battery

2. Qualcomm Snapdragon 675

3. 48 MP Rear Camera with support of 1080p FHD video recording at 60 Fps

4. There must be Sony IMX Cam lense

5. must be 2 varients 4 GB 64 GB

& 6 GB 128 GB

6. Lowest varient price under Rs. 20,000 & second varient max Rs. 22,000..

7. Dedicated Sim slot (2 sim slot & 1 sd card slot)

if this all goes well then all people of india who are currently using Chinese company phones, they all will shift to NOKIA. so please give this all feature