Ooooh, don't, that's not fair! 🤣

Tarah.... ah.... stuck in lockdown! Let's chat instead 😆

Comments

• madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 

Ooooh, don't, that's not fair! 🤣

• martin.fd martin.fd
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited April 7

Hey guys, we had two exciting days because a colleague got sick on the weekend and was tested for Corona yesterday. Thank God we got the good news this evening that she "only" has a normal flu ... unpleasant for her, but at least for the people in the institute and for me it's good news!

And to pick up an old thread again, I have two more pictures for you - taken a few minutes ago

All the best to you!!!

• MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

I'm glad your colleague only has the flu (what a bizarre world we live in when we are saying that). I have had the flu twice and i mean the flu not manflu and it is extremely unpleasant, i wish her all the very best.

In your respective countries is there an underlying feeling that there is a possibility lots of people have already had this? From mid December onwards in the UK lots and lots of people came down with "a severe respiratory infection".

My missus went from a slight dry cough to pneumonia in an alarmingly short space of time and she still has a lot of scarring on her lungs and now has to use powerful inhalers which is why she is shielding. I faired somewhat better and just ended up in bed for 4 days but felt ill for a couple of weeks but something was different it wasn't like a normal cold like I'd ever experienced, clearly i wasn't seriously ill but we know a lot of people that had similar experiences and as i said earlier the ones that went to the doctors were diagnosed with "a severe respiratory infection", not the flu and not a cold. With all that in mind though i am still not going out and licking handrails any time soon that's for sure.

Those moon shots are brill Martin, i like the one with the branch very much, it is something a little different.

• madbilly madbilly
    Super User  /  edited April 8

Nice photos @martin.fd, I read this morning about the super/pink moon, too late! 😆

That doesn't sound like a nice experience at all John, I hope that your wife recovers fully, best wishes to her. I have a feeling that the "most people only experience mild symptoms" can be a cause for complacency and is also one of the reasons why there is suspicion that many more people have had the disease than we realise.

I don't have a good feeling for what the general overall feeling is here because not being French we aren't necessarily in tune with things as much. However, there is definitely a suspicion that many people have had it and we don't know who. One of the reasons we need to get testing people in all countries.

Cheers 🙂

• MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Aye once there is a proven antibody test i think we can all move forward a bit and i wouldn't be in the slightest bit surprised if the numbers of people that have had it are sky high.

Going back to the moon try to get some shots over the next few days, as it starts to wain the shadows will fall in the craters and you should get some stunning photos.

• martin.fd martin.fd
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

On the question how many people have been infected there is a very interesting study by the University of Göttingen (for you even in English 😉)

According to this, only a small part of the infections is actually recorded, whereas the rates vary considerably between the different countries ...

• martin.fd martin.fd
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

P.S.: My colleague most probably does not have a "real" flu, but "only" a flu-like infection - but thanks for the good wishes anyway! 😀

• MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Very interesting, Oxford University has said there is the possibility at least half of the UK has already had it and just never knew, they simply carried on as normal or just had a sniffle.

• madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 

Very interesting @martin.fd, it's true that we won't really know the infection rate until we can confirm the numbers. However, what's clear is that regardless of the infection rate, a sufficiently high number of people get severe symptoms and need hospital care. We can't just use statistics to say that it's not as bad as we thought it was, because it is still bad enough to cause society big problems. If we didn't have social distancing, confinement and lockdown measures imagine how bad things could have got, or could get.

The only real positive to take from reports that suggest the infection rate is much higher than expected is that this means -hopefully - that more people are now immune than we currently think are. However, we don't know if people can get the virus twice, or possibly if the second infection is the real killer, so for now the best approach is still to prevent it spreading as much as we can.

In other news, the new #ShotOnNokia challenge is for abstract photography! Currently there's no forum thread, so it's only on instagram, but I'm sure that can keep you entertained for a few hours at least @MrBelter! Maybe some abstract macro photography?

Cheers 🙂

• MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Trouble is @madbilly i dont think i have anything taken with a Nokia that fits the bill, ill go take look though.

• martin.fd martin.fd
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

My problem @madbilly is I'm not on Instagram 🤣

• madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 

Hi @martin.fd, thankfully neither am I! 🤣

So, I started a thread about it here while we wait for the official one!

Cheers 🙂

• MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

I'm not on Instagram either 😁

• MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

I have however found a photo taken with a Nokia 8.1 that fits the bill.

• MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

****, it wasnt taken in my home though 😂

• martin.fd martin.fd
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Then maybe you can show us here ... you've already made us curious 😋😎

• martin.fd martin.fd
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Wow: perfect symmetry and great play with depth of field @MrBelter

I would have believed you immediately if you had said that this was created at your home ... 😂

• MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

I took it in a museum, people must have thought i was a bit mental if they saw me, I'll be on CCTV looking like a right weirdo 😂 (it is a chair BTW)

• madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 

Hi @MrBelter,

I don't think there's any rule about having to take the photo in the home is there? I think it's just that abstract photography is a bit easier in the home, so suitable for lockdown.

Really nice photo though, well done 🏅

Cheers 🙂

• MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Yeah:

Click flash 📸 You don’t need to travel far to take amazing shots. Take part in our home photography challenge series, kicking it off with #AbstractChallenge and join us as we journey through our homes together. #ShotOnNokia

• madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 

Ah yes, "home photography", I see.

Oh well, plenty of time to get creative! 😀

• MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Well i have just broke the 4 week marker and day 29 starts exactly the same as the previous 28.

I have been trying to entertain myself by doing some creative slow motion videos on the OnePlus 7t but it turns out the OP7t is great at going super slow but absolutly terrible on quality, its pointless even using it to be honest.

• martin.fd martin.fd
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Hi John @MrBelter and @madbilly (and everybody else!),

here comes a hearty Easter greeting - with the best wishes and the hope that we all will soon be able to move freely and unhindered and safe again!

• MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Happy Easter mate 🙂

• madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 

Happy Easter all 🙂

• MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

This must have been the nicest March and April on record in the UK, why cant it chuck it down!

• madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 

Well yes it would be more tolerable if the outdoors was less attractive! Maybe it's just like normal, but the fact we're not allowed out to enjoy it properly means it feels better than it really is. 🤣

• MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Its been day after day of cloudless skies here and you know that isn't the UK lol, the curious in me has wondered if it could be down to the lack of pollution.

• madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 

Ah, well I'm sure you're not the only one thinking that. Let's hope that coronavirus continues so there will be a "barbecue summer" and a long lovely autumn then let's also hope that coronavirus can also bring back "proper winters" with snow drifts! 😆