How can i start a disscution

Tarah.... ah.... stuck in lockdown! Let's chat instead 😆

Comments

• SamsungFanBoiiiii SamsungFanBoiiiii
    ✭  / 

How can i start a disscution

• MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

True, i'll be glad when the swimming pools open back up though, thats the one i miss more than owt as it is the one that stretchers all my old and aching joints out.

26c here today so say tarah to the lockdown, i am dreading it as much as i seems the virus is no not really in the wider community so much now everyone going loopy in the sun will soon change that.

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Hi @SamsungFanBoiiiii,

Interesting name 😆

You have to wait 24 hours after registering before you can troll us by starting new discussions about your phone with superior hardware and software! 😆

Cheers 🙂

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Hi @MrBelter,

Yes, good weather will get people out and mingling almost as much as the pubs opening! 🍻

Ah, a nice lido is something I miss. You'd have thought that we'd have plenty here... and we do but they are often pretty ropey and only open in July and August! Heaven forbid the idea of wanting to cool off in May or June, what an outrageous idea! 🏊‍♀️

Cheers 🙂

• MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Thing is here mate we were told you can now go where you want with members of your own family and sit out in the open air providing you are 2 meters apart and the media revelled in it.

Today media is full of outrage at people being sat on the beaches 2 meters apart.

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Ah yes, I love the media! 🤮

Cheers 🙂

• martin.fd martin.fd
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited May 24

@MrBelter: our outdoor pool is open again: with personalized ticket pre-booking, arrows on the floor to mark the paths, no hot showers, separate lanes with roundabout swimming etc. etc.. All a bit spooky ...

... and it felt so good to be back in the water after months! 😄😄😄

I keep my fingers crossed that this will be possible again soon for you as well 🤞🤞🤞

• MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

I think they are saying July/August for our pools, i cant wait, i am really happy for you mate, enjoy it 🙂

There is one positive from the lockdown, its made my increase in mileage look impressive 🤣

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Hi @martin.fd,

We saw this on the news and my wife is very concerned... how will you go to the toilet if you need to at the pool?! 😱

I don't think pools are open in France yet, but we have our small plastic one up and it's doing fine right now to cool us down in the afternoon and give our daughter something to do. Not enough room to swim, but fine for splashing about. 💦

My exercise has not increased since the end of the deconfinement because my limiting factor was that working at home means I don't walk about as much as I would in the office. I weighed myself last night and I've put on 5kg since the beginning of lockdown! Who knew that walking around offices made such a difference! 😆

Which means I clearly need to spend more time splashing about in the pool, ttfn! 👋

• martin.fd martin.fd
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Hi @madbilly you can calm your wife down, the toilets are open... with distance (at least for the men 🤣;))

And in my case, I have/had so much to do with these Corona "symptoms" that I (thank God) at least did not gain weight 👍️

And John (@MrBelter): 879% more is actually already (almost) once around the world ... 😁

• MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited May 26

Just pee in the pool like you did when you were a kid 😂

• MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited May 29

Well a big day for us today, we are taking our car to the garage for its first major service and this will be the first shop (if you can call it that) we have been in in nearly 11 weeks. although this is going to put a dent in my walking which is annoying , it has become a bit of an addiction.

On a positive note though the car should have had 20,000 miles on it now and thanks to the virus it only has 14,000 😂

Lockdown measures start to be lifted in a serious way on the first of June here and from the 15th nearly all shops will be back open so given the shoddy way it has been handled expect us back in a full lockdown by July 🙄

EDIT: after posting i realised the knock on effect of the rules being lifted is i might finally learn the fate of my Nokia 8.1, hurrah!

• martin.fd martin.fd
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Hi together,

@MrBelter (John) how good that the restrictions are also being reduced now for you! 🤞

We also made the observation that Corona has its positive sides: driving less cars (traveling at all), spending less money, etc. etc. ... but I don't need it again 😜

We are back in the Eifel over Whitsun and last night I finally managed to put Cassiopeia on the picture:

Have a good time!

P.S. and good luck with your 8.1 after all ...

• MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

What a beautiful photo @martin.fd

• MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

So then, 4km from home and summer ended 😂

• martin.fd martin.fd
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

At least it looks like warm rain 🤣

• MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Well it is my wifes birthday in a week or so and i was looking at getting her a Nokia 8.3 because she would love a phone with a good camera set up but with the recent price drop of the OP7t i have ordered one of those instead which although now replaced by the OP8 should still get Android 11, 12 and possibly even 13 if the OP5 is anything to go by. My biggest fear is Nokia simply do not improve things and with each update they have constantly made things worse where as OnePlus do actually listen to the community and fix or even improve things.

• MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

How is lockdown going in where you live because it is all a bit weird here.

Things are opening up and we have even been in to small supermarket a few times now so we feel a bit more normal but you still cannot go in to someone else's house and you still cannot get closer than 2 meters to anyone. From Monday however you can go to the Zoo but you still cannot go see your loved ones, it all seems a bit bonkers to me.

• martin.fd martin.fd
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited June 11

Hi, John (@MrBelter),

here in germany (North Rhine Westphalia to be precise, different in other federal states) there is already a lot of loosening: Events with more than 100 persons are again permitted - subject to conditions. Private celebrations such as anniversaries, weddings, baptisms, birthday parties with a maximum of 50 participants are again possible - also under the condition that hygiene and infection prevention measures are observed.

Bars, saunas and adventure pools may open again. Sports with physical contact will be made easier and will be possible again from next week in closed rooms with up to ten people and outdoors with up to 30.

In public, up to ten people from different households may gather together. There is no limit on the number of people allowed in the case of relatives in a straight line (siblings, spouses, life partners), people from a maximum of two different households and to accompany minors or persons in need of support.

Almost like before - if there weren't still the masks and the required distances ... but still a thousand times better than a few weeks ago 😃

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you'll soon have those same opportunities again 🤞👍️

P.S.: Happy birthday to your wife ... whenever that was 💐

• MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Its her birthday in just over a week mate & our 32nd wedding anniversary the day after 😲

• MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Threat level lowered to 3 (out of 5) in the UK so that's got to be good news, hopefully i can go see my family and friends soon.

• martin.fd martin.fd
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

This is again good news - hopefully it will go well! 👍️

We do not have such threat levels here that are being reduced, but it is also being relaxed further and further - which is not universally agreed. Why, for example, should primary school children now go to school for the last three weeks (at least here in NRW) until the summer holidays? One could have waited then as well ... nobody is doing anything sensible in learning now anyway.

But one of the -at least in my eyes- big "obstacles" in Germany is basically the federalism with 16 federal states and 16 prime ministers, who all want/must make ones name somehow ... 😝

Anyway: All the best to you - especially on your wife's birthday and on your 32nd wedding anniversary (we are still a long way from there ...) 😍

• MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Blimey it all sounds very complicated in Germany mate.

• MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Oh, i have had a text saying my phone is fixed and i can go pick it up in 2 days.

• martin.fd martin.fd
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

... how long was it now to fix?! 🤣🤣🤣

• MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

It went in for repair in early March, to be honest it is no use to me now it has been that long we've moved on, if i get the choice of a new phone i will just sell it and if it is my 8.1 back I'll shove it in a draw to use as a spare, i am not keen on selling something on that has had a repair.

• MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Well it turns out they just gave me a replacement Nokia 8.1 that hadnt been charged for 178 days according to the battery map, it was still running android 9 when i turned it on.

I am kind of happy about it to be honest, i think the 8.1 is the best phone HMD have made up to press.

• martin.fd martin.fd
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Given the waiting time, they should have given you at least two devices this old... but have fun with it 🤣

Every now and then I pick up my old Nokia 8 next to my new Pixel 3a and realize again and again that it is actually a damn good smartphone (if there weren't all those annoying bugs and shortcomings) 😀

• MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

It'll make a decent enough phone to use if we ever need to send one in for repair 🙂