Tarah.... ah.... stuck in lockdown! Let's chat instead 😆 - Page 9

I was showered and in bed for 10pm on new years eve so its nice to see your firework, it is the only celebration i have seen, it was all very strange indeed.

Tarah.... ah.... stuck in lockdown! Let's chat instead 😆

Comments

• MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

I was showered and in bed for 10pm on new years eve so its nice to see your firework, it is the only celebration i have seen, it was all very strange indeed.

I've absolutely no idea if this is of any comfort or reassurance to anyone or not, 3 of my family members have now had the vaccine with no ill effects (one in their 80s, one in their 50s & one in their 30s) so fingers crossed there is a very small and distant light at the end of the tunnel.

• MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Well we got a very brief light dusting of snow here and it was lovely to see, shame we don't get it a couple of foot deep like we did when i was a kid.

• martin.fd martin.fd
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Here, too, there was only "powdered sugar" in the lowlands, but plenty of snow at higher altitudes (so much so that the authorities had their hands full keeping the masses of corona-averse-winter-sport-addicted-vacationers under control) ... not even that you can enjoy at the moment (not that I personally have anything to do with winter sports) 😉

And since Monday we have gone into the next extension of lockdown here ... especially extremely inconvenient for students who want/need to do their Abitur soon (like our "big one" for example) 😒

• MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

It snowed again here overnight Martin and the police have said anyone out in it playing rather than exercising will be issued with a fine with us being under a full lockdown, it also looks like stronger measures are coming in here as well but i am not sure what else can be restricted, it is all very depressing when you look back to early September and it looked like we had all but cracked it.

Anyway i went for a walk in it, P P P P P P P P P PIXEL POWER!

• MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Well everyone in mine and my wifes families have been vaccinated with the exception of me and my wife 🙄, who'd have thought that would something to be jealous about 12 months ago 😂

• martin.fd martin.fd
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Here in North Rhine-Westphalia the registrations for vaccination for the over 80 year olds still living at home started on Monday (in old people's homes vaccination has been going on for some time) - complete chaos: website down, hotline overloaded etc. etc. ... apart from the fact that the supply of the vaccine is stagnating anyway.

But since today we have a new big "fun": coli bacteria in the drinking water - everything has to be boiled until the cause is found and eliminated.

At least we finally had real snow on the weekend and the opportunity for a nice walk with - of course - a few nice motifs for the pixel camera

• MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Oh blimey that sounds like a right old nightmare.

Those photos are absolutely lovely but the trees and the water is especially so, it's beautiful.

We've just got mud everywhere sadly, so it looks like a right sh*thole 😂

• MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Well the UK seems to be over the latest wave of you know what and we have now vaccinated over 11 million people in what feels like the blink of an eye, it is quite astonishing what our government has manage when they put their minds to good use rather than acting like greedy insular d*ckheads.

I really hope the vaccination programs are going ahead at full speed ahead in whatever part of the world you live in (although common sense tells me they will be).

• martin.fd martin.fd
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Well, in Germany we are pretty behind with vaccinations:

I've been trying to get an appointment for my mum (81) for two weeks now: No through on the hotline and on the website are no selectable appointments available ... all in all not very professional and encouraging 😟

But one should not give up hope ... 👍️

• MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

I'm sorry to hear about your mum Martin, you'd have thought at 81 she'd have been right at the front of the queue, here is hoping she will gets one soon

In the UK you get a letter inviting you to a vaccination centre within a 45 mile radius of your house but normally the doctors you are registered with will contact you around the same time to just go to them. The majority of everyone over 70 has now been vaccinated (around 12.5 million have had the first dose) and anyone over 70 is being encouraged to ring for an appointment rather than wait for letters or phone calls just make sure everyone that wants a vaccine gets one.

• MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Over 17.5 million first vaccinations done in the UK now and it looks like all the numbers have plummeted as a result of that, the first bit of good news in months for us.

That said the number of people in hospital is still as high now as it was in the first wave back in last April, i don't think as a nation we understood just how stretched out health service was in mid January when the NHS was just about on its knees.