Introducing Nokia 1.3

The new member in the family – Nokia 1.3 See it all with the large 5.71” HD+ display – even outside – thanks to impressive brightness.

Introducing Nokia 1.3

HMDLaura HMDLaura
Staff member  /  edited March 31

The new member in the family – Nokia 1.3

See it all with the large 5.71” HD+ display – even outside – thanks to impressive brightness. The new Nokia 1.3 is bigger, bolder, brighter 🔥.

nokia.com/phones/nokia-1-3

#Nokia1dot3 #EndlessEntertainment #NokiamobileLive

Comments

• iamkrishna08 iamkrishna08
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Endless entertainment is something cool for entry level ones.

• chetan18 chetan18
    ✭✭✭  / 

Great entry level phone.

• Lazysince1995 Lazysince1995
    Super User  / 

I'm really surprised. Camera features in 1.3 with Go editions are really welcoming. I can see now that Nokia is coming back on track of old history of worlds best phone company.

• nikhilkunwar0904 nikhilkunwar0904
    ✭✭✭  / 

Nokia 1.3 with G-Cam fantastic entry level🥰🥰💓💓

• Wanderlust Wanderlust
    ✭✭✭  / 

Nokia doing great with low end phones 🙌

• thanoofnaina thanoofnaina
    ✭✭✭  / 

starter pack is getting upgraded 😍😍

• victory.v10 victory.v10
    ✭✭  / 

nice phone

• madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 

Hi all,

Nice phone! I can't say "small" because it's, well, huge! 🐳 but we can still call it the little sibling of the others 👶

But this phone doesn't get the big battery which the 8 and 5 get, this only has a "sunup to sundown" battery, which isn't so good.

The video say 2 years of upgrades but I thought Juho said 3 years - to be confirmed by HMD.

But is it really worth twice the price of the C1? Almost twice the price of the C2?

Note that not all markets will get a headset in the box, which seems odd (see promo page).

Cheers 🙂

• Lazysince1995 Lazysince1995
    Super User  / 

As per social media promotion and site updates I think it will arrive in April. BUT, because of corona spread we can't expect that it will be available on time.

• Mlynowski Mlynowski
    ✭✭  / 

Hi,

Can you tell me if you can watch 360° video with your nokia 1.3 before I buy it?

Thanks

• strawbale strawbale
    ✭✭  / 

Hi,

I'm new to this forum.

My Moto C Plus (https://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_moto_c_plus-8646.php) just died, after less than 3 years of light use, so looking for a replacement (that hopefully lasts a bit longer).

Q: Eventhough Nokia promoses 3 yrs of security updates, will 1GB / 16GB RAM, same as my Moto C Plus, still be OK in 3 yrs time? Or should I go for the slightly more expensive Nokia 2.3 (with 2GB / 32GB) or even Nokia 5.3 (4GB / 64GB)?

I'm a light user: SMS*, calls, occasional photo, occasional web search, Signal* app (in stead of WhatsApp).

*) When at home, which is most of the time, I use my computer to send and receive SMS and Signal messages.

Thanks in advance for any advice?

PS: will post this in the 2.3 and 5.3 forum too (if allowed)

• NINOSIMUPDATEREAPER NINOSIMUPDATEREAPER
    ✭✭✭  / 

If you plan on some intensive workloads or gaming, please choose the 5.3 because, out of you are an optimistic user who gets most out of your low end phone (like me LOL) then, go for it, spend some time in the settings, if you spend more time in settings on an actually good device, you will enjoy it.....

• strawbale strawbale
    ✭✭  / 

I did get the 5.3 in the end and enjoy it (so far) 😉

• If this phone was launched globally, it would probably break records for a cheap phone with great software, updates, Xiaomi is an option but I don't like their MIUI which has ads baked into the OS, ads when installing an app, ads when removing an app, ads when using their optimization software, ads everywhere, to add insult to injury, if you have a fixed mobile data plan, well to put it this way, I had 1 GB of data per day, and 568 MB of my 1 GB data(was gone to that security and battery saver app :( ), I know that this might not be the case in all the phones around the world, but my personal experience was bad with MIUI and that's the reason I bought the Nokia 1, I hoped that the nokia 1 plus would launch in India, but it did'nt, and now, the 1.3 is out and it still isn't launched in India, so I will stick with my Nokia 1 till it gets updates, and if HMD launches a cheap/low budget phone anytime soon in India, I will consider buying it..........

• madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 

Hi @NINOSIMUPDATEREAPER,

Aren't the C range of Nokias available in India now? In any case, you might as well keep using the Nokia 1 until it breaks... which might mean you use it forever! 😃

Cheers 🙂

• But I don't like the C range devices........ Well I will keep using the Nokia 1 until it gets quarterly updates, and if by that time HMD launches bootloader unlock and devs start porting future versions of android go, then I might keep using the phone forever....... 😏

Cheers 🙃

• I mean look at the old LG phones even some of their oldest nuggets (single core, 1GB ram 8GB storage) get to run Android 10 (lineage OS), soo I will keep waiting for botloader unlocks and maybe even custom roms!!!!🙃

• Mage0 Mage0
    ✭✭  / 

It seems like my Nokia 1.3 is too slow to take an incoming phone call. I can hear it ringing, but by the time the phone UI finally shows up on the lock screen, it's on the 4th ring. The call goes to voicemail right at the moment when I am finally able to swipe up and answer the call. I have never used a phone that was this slow before.

Has anyone found a fix for this? -BGU

• Hmm, I hope they fix this issue in the next update.... I don't have that issue on the Nokia 1 though......

• Anyone else have a problem with removing a simcard from slot 1?

There's no obvious mechanism to pop it out, or any way of raising the metal latch. And there's not enough simcard 'sticking out' to get a grip on to pull it out. Kinda stuck now. - see photo.