do you think its overpriced? please comment your thoughts

Is Nokia 8.3 overpriced? Thoughts?

ritesh mishra ritesh mishra
✭✭✭  /  edited March 20

do you think its overpriced? please comment your thoughts

Comments

• Lazysince1995 Lazysince1995
    Super User  / 

Before getting exact more details of device and exact pricing in respective region we could not say anything. Looks little high at first because we never seen this much price before in series 8 phones. So waiting for further details thats only option we have.

• santoshh santoshh
    ✭✭  / 

Yeah... it's an overpriced phone when we compared to the service given by nokia i.e..after sales service

We should not only see the devices for that price.....we should consider each every service given by the company while we are paying high amount....

• NokiaVietnam NokiaVietnam
    ✭✭  / 

Too expensive, about 400$ is ok

• Abhilash Mishra Abhilash Mishra
    ✭✭  / 

I read an article yesterday stating that sd 865 is much expensive for nokia as it has to be bundled with x55 modem. So it depends at what price it is launched in Indian market.

• MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
  • SUMAN NATH 12 SUMAN NATH 12
    ✭✭  / 

yes it is over priced...in that price catagory others brand give the 865 qualcomm chip

• SUMAN NATH 12 SUMAN NATH 12
    ✭✭  / 

nokia 8.3 price around rs.25000/-(it should be)

• MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

If there was a £350 non 5G variant i'd seriously consider it even with the shocking reliability i have experienced with HMD phones so far.

• MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

If the £499 price is correct then the 8.3 is only £100 less than the new OnePlus 8 with a SD865, 8GB of RAM and 128GB of storage, its close call now.

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

Also, OP has a date of availability. Nokia 8.3 doesn't.

• MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

It should be pointed out though that the OP8 doesn't have 5G in the mm bands so 5G is limited in that respect.

To be honest i can see the 8.3 shipping at £399 rather than £499 or at the very least launching at £499 and in true HMD fashion dropping to £399 in a matter of weeks and at £399 i think it would be a bit of a bargain really.

• Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    Super User  / 

Nokia 8.3 yet to go on sale and the price might change due to various reasons. Could that recent poll on gsmarena about the Nokia 8.3 pricing be conducted by HMD to now what users think of the price?

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

Or they can drop in bundles. Free wireless headphones, a free high quality case with Nokia branding. Provide operator setup for cheaper data or something. There are countless ways to build a better bundle.

Super User  / 

They always offer such freebies initially in European countries but we want them to set a proper price. :)

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

I'm sure they will start off the sales with a higher price to take the money from the buyers who are willing to pay that much for the phone. A month later, they'll start with the cuts to start attracting those who aren't willing to pay the original price or the Nokia 8.3. And eventually as the time progresses, the pricing will go down.

I don't think they'll launch for a price significantly cheaper than their announced price.

• Nirmal Katariya Nirmal Katariya
    ✭✭✭  / 

Just Joke...

Nokia : We have midrange phone with flagship price😌

OnePlus: We are in Flagship Game...

Apple ( Next day ): We have our own flagship killer 😎

2020 is something different... Apple undercutting Android OEMs with their flagship most powerful and efficient A13 Bionic SoC.

😅HMD Global hope you learn that No one will consider at that price when people have great options like Samsung s20, OnePlus 8 and Apple SE...

Thanks😀

• Rice Guardian Rice Guardian
    ✭✭  / 

since we are yet to see the device, and the only thing i've have seen about availability is that it's expected to be out by July, so we may see the price change.

Here is the datasheet for the Nokia 8.3 5G.

• Lonewolf2105 Lonewolf2105
    ✭✭  / 

Honestly speaking friends, it as the claims pour in and as juho spoke about is OVER PRICED. 49,999+_5000(approx) INR for Nokia 8.3 is seriously not a good move. We all lnow that this is the phone which os going to debut with the qsd 765 5g modular chip but that chip is of no use in india as 5g is quite far from home in India. Secondly, in the ages where smartphone security has moved to Face id(apple) and ultra sonic in-screen Fingerprint reader(galaxy flagships) to optical in-screen reader(chinese OEMs) our dear nokia 8.3 is providing a side mounted capacitive fingerprint reader at that price. Nokia uses pixelworks™ dedicated visual processor in some of their phones like my own 7.2 which steps up the colour out put for photos and videos but why combine an IPS grade display with a dedicated visual processor and why not go with AMOLED displays! The bezels in the design is completely bland too having broad chins above amd below the screen. I know i am going to buy it, why because its a nokia and the top tier as of present. I hope nokia makes some good designs like the 6.1, 8 sirocco. Pleaee revise the price, demanding 34999 INR would be optimal.

• Karthik 2003 Karthik 2003
    ✭✭✭  / 

I don't think the processor would do anything with an amoled display cause it's individual pixels there which(I think) are already at that level.

• Nirmal Katariya Nirmal Katariya
    ✭✭✭  /  edited April 27

Hai 😒 anybody listening from HMD side,

Don't launch any device in this price range ! No one care about you. No one care about Nokia brand name anymore.

HMD did good in past but I think future is no more good for them. HMD focused on build quality , essential features like fast charging, NFC, stereo speaker in lower price point as compared to others OEMs. But Now they forgot about it. Now they know only one thing letest and pure Android Experience! There many good option for that.

Just look at OnePlus 5/5t launch at Nokia 8 time. Now OnePlus 5/5t getting Android 10 update ! Just try to understand ! If don't take feedback, you lose everything. Learn from past what happened to original Nokia, rest is history.

Thanks 🙏

• Rishabh8.1 Rishabh8.1
    ✭✭  /  edited April 30

Fanboys siding with the brands, nothing new, 765 for 50k is really a studpidest buy and even nokia is not immune form software bugs that we have seen in nokia 8.1

5g is a gimmick as of now in india, as far as of camera, we have seen how important is post processing rather than hardware much, google with a single camera completely demolish quad suck ups. I'm not comparing it with google, hmd is just trying to get as much as from nokia branding instead of introducing a better line up. And people defending over it is what promoting them. Nokia 8.1 is my last nokia phone probably.

• MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

To be fair @Rishabh8.1 5g is a bit of a gimmick everywhere at the minute, it will take years to get properly established.

The 765 is a decent performer to be fair, it offers around the same performance as the SD845, it is no slouch that's for sure, that said i still think £399 sounds a whole lot better than £499.

• Rishabh8.1 Rishabh8.1
    ✭✭  /  edited May 1

In the world, where new chipsets are donning every few months 845 is kind of a indolent. Today its 865 and couple of a months later its gonna be something new, im not here degrading 765, i just vehemently oppose the price. 42k u get one plus 8 , and I'm not a techy and so is the majority of the buyers, they will not give a second thought to opt for one plus than this. Though camera may be better in nokia but only after the launch we can be of sure..rest what nokia boast of are things of past. Lets say even if nokia slash the price to 40k still it would not be a great deal.

Super User  /  edited May 2

From where did you get the price of Nokia 8.3 5G? Indian price of Nokia 8.3 5G hasn't been announced yet. Yeah 5G is just a gimmick for now and it won't even arrive in India before 2022-23. But the tech has been put in the phone. There's no other phone out there which supports all 5G bands and those who care about this will buy it.

Also, OnePlus 8 costs 42k just in India. It's US price is $700 USD. Nokia phones always cost a lot less in India when compared to their announced "Average Global Retail Price" which you are converting. Also, clove uk has started taking pre orders of Nokia 8.3 5G and the device costs $524 USD.

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

@Rishabh8.1 If people are not techy, then they won't go with OnePlus since Nokia has a much stronger brand recognition and recall. Combine that with their decent in-store presence and there's no way a non-techy will pick OnePlus over Nokia 8.3.

I know OnePlus is a great product, I like and appreciate what they make. I love Oxygen OS. But let's get it clear, it's not a as-popular brand and its primary target market is still online whereas hmd has managed to control the offline supply chain and availability really well :) So, that's the way to go for non-techy people.