Bootloader unlockable on this phone?

I am developer and absolutely need devices which have a unlockable bootloader.

Bootloader unlockable on this phone?

kkn kkn
✭✭  / 

I am developer and absolutely need devices which have a unlockable bootloader. I can't find a list a list Nokia branded phones which allow the bootloader to be unlocked. Is this phone one of them?

Comments

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

Nokia does not allow bootloader unlock on any of its phones. The Nokia 8.3 5G will be no exception. They briefly experimented with unlocking the Nokia 8 and then it was stopped a few months later.

So, there's no hope. Except for if they mistakenly leave the unlock ability available.

• madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 

Good question @kkn, unfortunately singhnsk is probably right, the bootloader won't be officially unlockable.

Cheers 🙂

• aarif rao aarif rao
    ✭✭✭  /  edited April 11

After using nokia i think nokia is the worst company just standing by giving us buggy update.

While preventing our rights

They still haven't unlocked the bootloader of Nokia 6.1 plus.

I think that nokia is now completely

[super user edited to remove bad language].

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

While it will be good to have an unlockable bootloader, it is certainly not a "right" as of now, not until it is added to the legal laws of your country :)

More number of manufacturers do not allow the bootloaders to be unlocked.

That said, I agree about their updates being pale and usually buggy. They should do a better job at their update testing and delivery :)

• degenerate life degenerate life
    ✭✭  / 

Funny how they have the steps and give you the tools to do it on the web site but I can't figure it out they have a way for you to enter your information and then they provide an APK bootloader unlocker but I can't get past the debugging

• #unlockbootloadernokia