Nokia Care damaged my phone.

I'm using a Nokia 8.1 purchased on July, 2019.

Nokia Care damaged my phone.

Mayukh Mayukh
✭✭  / 

I'm using a Nokia 8.1 purchased on July, 2019. I had problem with display and network which were fixed by Nokia Care but now I'm facing problems with the camera failing to focus after zooming. I have visited Nokia Care but the problem is not solved. Now there is also problem with the WiFi getting disconnected frequently. I visited Nokia Care again but they could not fix it. What should I do?

Answers

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited April 2

Hi @Mayukh,

If your phone is still in warranty then I suggest that you insist it is fixed or replaced. If your phone is not in warranty and you can prove that the camera and Wifi were affected by Nokia Care then I presume you can raise a formal complaint with them or there is some legal thing you can do (I don't know the specifics of your country's laws on this).

You can also try these things:

1. Soft reset (long press power button for several seconds - this does not lose your personal data, settings or files)
    2. Safe mode (press power then long press on power off on screen)
    3. Hard reset but keep your files
    4. Hard reset but delete all your files.

Please tell us how you fare. Good luck!

Cheers 🙂

• Lazysince1995 Lazysince1995
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Your phone is under warranty and you have 3 more months to get it fixed asap. Ask care center for reason why can't they able to solve your issue. And get support online on nokia chat center. Use twitter to rise your complaint.

• Mayukh Mayukh
    ✭✭  / 

I have had a conversation with the support team via email and they suggested me to go to the service center and be with them on call and they'll have both sides on call together.

That wasn't possible due to the lockdown. Few days ago they mailed me to visit the nearest service centre (which is not the one I went to.)

I actually went there before and they checked my phone and found the WiFi cheap is broken and fixed with very thin wires. They showed me that and told me to visit the service centre where the problem happened. And they who detected it won't fix it under warranty. Is it how it should work?

• Smit VK Smit VK
    ✭✭  / 

First of all, Complain once again in Nokia care.

If they don't solve, Visit Grahak Suraksha (Assuming you are from India)

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Hi @Mayukh,

No that's not how it should work. Since you can't go anywhere due to lockdown I suggest asking online support again what you should do. Ask them if you can do an online repair request like we can in Europe and send the phone in by post (recorded delivery, signed for and insured).

If Support tell you that you can't do that then ask them what you should do. Your phone is under warranty, it is them who need to come up with a solution for you.

Please tell us what happens.

Cheers 🙂

• Mayukh Mayukh
    ✭✭  / 

Thank you all for the advices. I'll try to connect with them and will be updating here.

• Mayukh Mayukh
    ✭✭  / 

So I complained to consumer forum two days ago and the service center called me yesterday. I told them the problem and today I went there and they finally fixed my phone.

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Hi @Mayukh,

Great news! Shame it took so long 😕

Cheers 🙂