I need full TWRP backup of all partitions on the nokia 1.................. - Page 2

Phone died black screen vibrates every 10-30 seconds

I need full TWRP backup of all partitions on the nokia 1..................

Comments

• Hausemaster Hausemaster
    ✭✭✭  / 

Phone died black screen vibrates every 10-30 seconds

✭✭✭  / 

Now what should I do?

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

Not sure what went wrong. Maybe send the log here. You probably used the wrong firmware package or you downgraded a major revision which isn't allowed.

✭✭✭  / 

Where is the log file?

✭✭✭  / 

I had nothing in any of the partitions as I say so my friend wiped all of them

✭✭✭  / 

the phone vibrates when power button pressed but nothing happens after 10 seconds it vibrates again and nothing happens

✭✭✭  / 

The last thing on the screen was Rebooting Bootloader and then it failed

✭✭✭  / 

The last thing on the screen was Rebooting Bootloader and then it failed

✭✭✭  / 

Well sir good night its 23:09 here and im tired bye I will talk to you tomorrow bye sir thanks for the help.

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

If your phone was on Android 9 (2xx software version) and you flashed Android 8 (0xx or 1xx software version), then this is expected. You SHOULD NOT flash lower version.

Your only fix now would be use SP Flash tool to rewrite the bootloader and then flash with OST LA again. I cannot help you more as this forum is not for technical support like this. I helped you how much I could.

If you do not understand, then bring your phone to a technician. Remember, when you use SP FLash Tool, NEVER DO "Erase All".

✭✭✭  / 

Yes sir, when shall I contact you tomorrow?

✭✭✭  / 

But how can I get the pie firmware?

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

This is not a technical support helpdesk. I cannot help you aymore. If you do not understand what I mentioned above, then please visit Nokia Care or any mobile repair technician.

✭✭✭  / 

Oh sorry!

• Red apple Red apple
    ✭✭  / 

Anyone have multitouch problem I have this ****issue . Playing like mini militia doodle army and other games.my friend using same phone he have the same issue anyone had this issue please reply

✭✭✭  / 

@Red apple

my phone is not working so um cant help sorry

✭✭✭  / 

Never mind it is working now and I can suggest you as far as I know just hold the power button for 10 seconds and your device will reboot and also it is a software bug (according to Nokia online super chat, mate)

✭✭✭  / 

Since I asked for help in the community and got high amount of help from

'singhnsk'

As I mentioned that I will spend more time in the place where I received the most help (i.e. The community forums).

So, from now on I will try and assist you in any way I can and won't break my promise.

• Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    Super User  / 

You forgot to tag @singhnsk

Good to know that you got all the help you needed on the community forum. 😊

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

Hi @N1N0SIMUPDATEREAPER how did you fix it? That would be interesting to know. I fixed a few phones earlier by flashing the critical partitions again using SP Flash tool. But I'd like to know what worked for you :-) I gave up though, so, good job still managing to have it working again :)

In case you do that next time, please don't flash an older version. If you're on Pie, stick with Pie.

Thanks for the tag @Kartik Gada. Do you think we should merge the threads? The original discussion is here. Please do it if you think so.

✭✭✭  / 

Thanks for your help @singhnsk , really appreciate it 🙂,

I had to surf the web until I found a promising stock rom that is flashable using SP flash tools I didn't find one for the TA-1066 but found a TA-1060 rom and flashed it and now it works.

Yes, true I did brick it because I was stupid and I tried to downgrade pie to Oreo and that is entirely my fault I accept that.

The process of flashing Nokia 1 using SP flash tools:

Requirements:

USB VCOM DRIVERS:

It is an absolute pain in the **** to find the drivers for the MT67xx (chipset on the Nokia 1) so I am processor everyone with the drivers below (so that you can download and install them without hassle).

For installing the drivers follow this tutorial

(Windows 10 users disable driver signature enforcement

Done with the drivers.

Stock rom,

Here is the stock rom, unzip it and load the scatter file from the folder you extracted it.

The stock rom download:

SP flash tools:

Download SP flash tools from this website:

(If my instructions are not clear, then dont hesitate to Google it)

The flashing process:

After you load the scatter file in SP flash tools

Phone side:

Remove the battery from your Nokia 1 for about 10-15 seconds and put the battery back in and put the back cover on.

PC side:

Use DOWNLOAD MODE only or else it might/will wipe your IMEI, serial number and all that important stuff.

Click on the download button in SP flash tools.

Phone side:

Plug a USB cable into your pc and after you hit the download button hold,

VOLUME UP+VOLUME DOWN and connect the micro usb end into the phone, then immediately after connecting the phone to the pc holding both volume buttons (do not leave the volume buttons) keep pressing the power button repeatedly until the yellow download bar appears then leave all buttons and set your phone on the table and leave it to do is thing (I recommend you to do nothing else on the pc while you are flashing you phone).

After all of that a green circle with a tick in it will appear, then close the tool and disconnect your phone from the pc remove the battery and put it back in and volia your phone is working

It asks a password that I don't know (because I picked up this rom from YouTube and he did not fancy sharing the password with me, but instead told me to do a factory reset.

To do a factory reset in your Nokia 1 firstly turn the phone off connect your phone to a charger and immediately hold the power and volume up buttons until your phone vibrates and keep holding them till you see the recovery and leave them when recovery mode shows there will be a no command screen and to get past it keep pressing both of the volume buttons at the same time and then you will be able to see a few options navigate to the 'Wipe data/factory reset'by pressing the volume down button 4 times and hit the power button to start the reset after that select the reboot to system now and wait for the setup and after reaching the setup you know what to do.

So, this is how I got my nokia 1 back up and running.

• Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    Super User  /  edited March 2020

Yes. Merge it. I am unable to understand how to merge posts from different locations 😅

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

@N1N0SIMUPDATEREAPER well done. And thanks for the guide. I understood it. I'm sure it will help others in need.

When downgrading, we need to flash a special file first which will "disable security" and only then the bootloader allows downgrading, else the phone goes into a bricked state. Thankfully, the SP Flash Tool exists.

✭✭✭  / 

Oh thanks but could you merge the threads please?

✭✭✭  / 

Thanks for merging the threads!🙂

• MAK Akshay MAK Akshay
    ✭✭  / 

bro i recently updated my nokia 1 to andriod 10

i got locked my bootloader (oem)

i don't how to unlock

i tried several times

fastboot flashing unlock

(bootloader) Start unlock flow

FAILED (remote: '

Unlock operation is not allowed

')

fastboot: error: Command failed

FAILED (remote: 'unknown command')

fastboot: error: Command failed

✭✭✭  / 

Use the instructions from this website:

I did not bother check, because I already bricked and reflashed my phone 14 times, I can't take this anymore of I have to flash my phone again

• Des.Coene Des.Coene
    ✭✭  / 

In case of unlocking the bootloader of your Nokia phone?

• INSTALLATION
    • Download recovery.
    • unlock oem in developer options in settings
    • reboot bootloader
    • calculate md5 of the serial number of device
    • To Calculate your md5 you need to find your Serialno of your phone
    • Online MD5 Hash Generator & SHA1 Hash Generator
    • which will give you the oem key to unlock your bootloader, remember after you've done what you wanted to do, use the same commands & oem key to lock your bootloader again
    • Code:
    fastboot oem key ef4de79290b861b54d6bc58b65ef42f1

• in my case ef4de79290b861b54d6bc58b65ef42f1 was my md5 of serial number
    • Code:
    fastboot oem unlock

• Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

• Reboot into recovery! Have fun!

Sincerely Des

✭✭✭  / 

Not in the case of unlocking the bootloader, he was talking about the ROM flashing, anyways, unlocking the bootloader in android 10 is pointless, because no one made a recovery that supports android 10, so, yeah........