That ultra-wide camera - Page 2

(Quote) Personally, I think that the 3mp mode will be only for video. If you put that on 21:9 aspect ratio, you get about 2K.

That ultra-wide camera

Comments

• EJofYeman EJofYeman
    ✭✭  / 

Personally, I think that the 3mp mode will be only for video. If you put that on 21:9 aspect ratio, you get about 2K. Well, this is not as great as 4K, still not deal breaker to me though. What do you think guys?

• madbilly madbilly
    Super User  /  edited April 30

Hi @EJofYeman,

Yes you're probably right that resolution will probably only be used for video, but I think the sensor is 16:9 not 21:9 which makes me wonder what resolution it will actually record at.

Cheers 🙂

• EJofYeman EJofYeman
    ✭✭  / 

Well, HMD focused on 21:9 resolution while unveiling the device; However, they didn't make as much fuss as expected when they talked the uw sensor. So, in my thoughts, the ultra-wide video can be a hit when it comes to low light filming -to it's specs category, at least- still, sadly leaves the ratio to the vanilla 16:9 aspect. If it turns out that I'm right - which I hope not to happen, then it would be nice, yet disappointing. Please HMD guys, prove me wrong! 😉