[Moved] Nokia 8.1 screen waking by itself, why?

This discussion was created from comments split from: [Moved] How to use bold, italic, etc in My Phone app?.

[Moved] Nokia 8.1 screen waking by itself, why?

System System
✭✭✭  / 
This discussion was created from comments split from: [Moved] How to use bold, italic, etc in My Phone app?.

Comments

• Nokia 8.1 have issues _ frequent wake of sreen unusually please solve this

• Mrigendra Mrigendra
    ✭✭  / 

Try turning 'lift to check phone' off.

• singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

The March MR update seems to have some kernel triggers to fix this. Please try again after the update and see if things are better 😊

• Sudhir Jha Sudhir Jha
    ✭✭  / 

I am also facing the same issue and due to this battery drains faster and during the charge "charging rapidly" doesn't work and takes more time to charge than earlier.

• QUENTIN QUENTIN
    ✭✭  / 

Hello everybody,

i've this problem since 2 weeks, anyone have a solution ? My 8.1 take the March update but the problem persist...

• Sanjayparsi Sanjayparsi
    ✭✭  / 

I've been facing this issue since december but now the problem is getting bigger. Whenever I touch my device it automatically wakes up. I thought of going to the service center, but right now we're having a lockdown so planning to go to the service center after the lockdown is raised.

• cyberzork cyberzork
    ✭✭  /  edited April 5

Hi all,

I have a Nokia 8.1 mob with Android 10 (Android One) & latest patches to March 2020. Build 00WW_4_30B

Randomly the LCD will light up to the lock screen even when there are no notifications & no data or wifi on. Rebooting phone makes no difference. Only just started this a week or so back.

Any ideas what's causing this ?

Thanks

• Dominic Ng Dominic Ng
    ✭✭  / 

I faced this issue after 11/2019 update. I had just disabled Double tap to resolve it temporarily.

• QUENTIN QUENTIN
    ✭✭  / 

Hey Dominic, I solve my problem with your advice, thanks a lot !

Hope that the problem solve with an update...

• cyberzork cyberzork
    ✭✭  / 

Thanks Dominic, I have also now disabled Double Tap & fixed the issue.

Hopefully Nokia can get a patch for this issue soon.

• TomD TomD
    ✭✭  / 

I've also been having this issue for the past few months.

• cyberzork cyberzork
    ✭✭  /  edited April 8

I also today tried a full reset / erase on my 8.1 phone but made no difference. As soon as the Dbl Tap is enabled the screen lights up around every 5-10 mins or so.

• Schalks Schalks
    ✭✭  / 

After contact support, they gave me this working solution:

Do a soft reset with

Hold power and volume up for 30s untill the Android boot logo appears.

Worked like a charm here

• Abhijit Sen Abhijit Sen
    ✭✭  / 

Nokia 8.1 screen waking by itself, is it a bug after March security patch

• Mrigendra Mrigendra
    ✭✭  / 

Try turning 'Lift to wake up' off.

• Sanjayparsi Sanjayparsi
    ✭✭  / 

The same happened with me. Since from the november update this issue started and I've tried resetting the mobile too, still the issue isn't resolved. Why nokia is so irresponsible? If anyone from Nokia team is watching this, please clear this bug.

• noeightone noeightone
    ✭✭  / 

this works for me for now. nokia please fix this. my phone wakes up every 2 minutes