[Moved] Nokia 8.1 screen waking by itself, why?

This discussion was created from comments split from: [Moved] How to use bold, italic, etc in My Phone app?.

[Moved] Nokia 8.1 screen waking by itself, why?

System System
✭✭✭  / 
This discussion was created from comments split from: [Moved] How to use bold, italic, etc in My Phone app?.

Comments

• Nokia 8.1 have issues _ frequent wake of sreen unusually please solve this

• Mrigendra Mrigendra
    ✭✭  / 

Try turning 'lift to check phone' off.

• singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

The March MR update seems to have some kernel triggers to fix this. Please try again after the update and see if things are better 😊

• Sudhir Jha Sudhir Jha
    ✭✭  / 

I am also facing the same issue and due to this battery drains faster and during the charge "charging rapidly" doesn't work and takes more time to charge than earlier.

• QUENTIN QUENTIN
    ✭✭  / 

Hello everybody,

i've this problem since 2 weeks, anyone have a solution ? My 8.1 take the March update but the problem persist...

• Sanjayparsi Sanjayparsi
    ✭✭  / 

I've been facing this issue since december but now the problem is getting bigger. Whenever I touch my device it automatically wakes up. I thought of going to the service center, but right now we're having a lockdown so planning to go to the service center after the lockdown is raised.

• cyberzork cyberzork
    ✭✭  /  edited 9:53AM

Hi all,

I have a Nokia 8.1 mob with Android 10 (Android One) & latest patches to March 2020. Build 00WW_4_30B

Randomly the LCD will light up to the lock screen even when there are no notifications & no data or wifi on. Rebooting phone makes no difference. Only just started this a week or so back.

Any ideas what's causing this ?

Thanks