HMD interview with Beebom - sneak peak o future phone and crazy ideas!

Hi all, Nokiamob shared this a few weeks ago but I don't think anyone's shared it here on the forum yet.

HMD interview with Beebom - sneak peak o future phone and crazy ideas!

madbilly madbilly
✭✭✭✭  / 

Hi all,

Nokiamob shared this a few weeks ago but I don't think anyone's shared it here on the forum yet. Beebom did an interview with Pranav Schroff and @Miika Mahonen alongside an ideation event with some members of the public in India. The people came up with some great ideas, many of them counter to the current design direction at HMD, so it will be interesting to see how HMD's devices develop in future.

At the end of the interview Miika showed a sneak peak of a new smartphone... it's shiny orange/copper! 😃 But this is not either of the new smartphones released last week by HMD - neither the 8.3, 5.3 nor 1.3 were this colour; sand is the closest colour of those phones to what I see in the video. Maybe it was the colour settings of the video making sand look like orange/copper?

Also, at the end Beebom showed a render of their idea of a future smartphone - wow, I love it! 🤯

What do you think about the sneaky orange/copper phone and the Beebom concept at the end?

Cheers 🙂

Comments

• amaljoe amaljoe
    ✭✭✭  / 

I thought that was the sand coloured 5.3... 🙄

• JrRobertDowneyJr JrRobertDowneyJr
    ✭✭  /  edited March 27

Given that 8.3,5.3 aren't available in copper and phone looking bit premium from the sneakpeak, next iteration of Nokia 9 Pureview may be?

@madbilly

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Hi @amal joe I think the phone in the video was too bright to be the sand 5.3 and too shiny to be the 1.3.

The next 9PV, maybe @JrRobertDowneyJr but so far we've seen no real evidence that this phone will arrive any time soon. I think what we saw was just one of many design prototypes which HMD make, and that colour scheme probably will appear on a future smartphone but we don't know which one.

Still, I'm looking forward to it, it looked awesome! 😃

Cheers 🙂

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited March 31

Hi all,

I had another look at this video and the launch video from two weeks ago. The phone in this Beebom video definitely looks too bright to be the 5.3 which is shown in the launch video, but it could still be the same phone, as the rest of the finish looks similar - maybe it's a lighting effect.

Still, the model in the background in Raun's section looks nothing like the same colour as what Miika pulled from his pocket, so I still think that sneak peak is another phone model (probably a non-functioning prototype though, at this stage).

Cheers 🙂

• SirFaceFone SirFaceFone
    ✭✭✭  /  edited April 10

Even more interesting is that Nokia seems to be involved in this as well

Maybe it's about their involvement with HMD's 5G phone(s)? Although I'd like to think it's more than just that.

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Hi @BootloaderUnlockWhen,

Yes HMD definitely seemed to be involved in this ideation thing organised by Beebom, which is interesting. I hope they realise now that people do actually want small, resilient phones and not enormous glass sandwiches!

Cheers 🙂

• MdSadique MdSadique
    ✭✭✭  / 

Beebom is one of the few unbiased Indian youtubers although that was a sponsored video