Nokia 7.2 has many bugs

Nokia 7.2 is showing many kind of bugs in the system day by bay bugs in nokia 7 2 is increasing I think nokia 7.2 is the bad phone in nokia series very poor service.

Nokia 7.2 has many bugs

kiron kbk kiron kbk
✭✭  /  edited March 28

Nokia 7.2 is showing many kind of bugs in the system day by bay bugs in nokia 7 2 is increasing

I think nokia 7.2 is the bad phone in nokia series very poor service. Very bad.

Sometimes Google is not working. , Sometimes it's hanging

Sometimes volume. Goes very low.

Nokia too bad respond very very bad.........

Answers

• SABI SABI
    ✭✭  / 

I had posted so many times about this but still no solution. I use it for 4 months with that issues planned to sell it

• Lazysince1995 Lazysince1995
    Super User  / 

Most of issues got fixed in last months 1.7gb update I guess.

• Karthik 2003 Karthik 2003
    ✭✭✭  / 

Nothing in my phone. Works flawlessly. As usual it varies with each device.

• Ninad Madhav Ninad Madhav
    ✭✭  / 

It's a crap version of OS software that comes built in.

1. Lots and lots of bugs. Notification panel is always unresponsive

2. Clicking on any notification icon takes forever for that action to be executed. I believe you have done everything on the UI thread.

3. Camera is messy. Front camera icon gets disappeared. It comes back after restart.

No android 10 update. I bought Nokia just for Android one so that I can get timely updates.

This device was overpriced, still to get stock android we went with Nokia.

Atleast stick to you promised to deliver updates on-time. No need to customize OS, we are good with vanilla build but with no obvious issues

• Jocke.Sve Jocke.Sve
    ✭✭✭  / 

Mostly due to what You have installed on it and how You use different apps.

Last 6-8 weeks I haven'n had one single slowdown (or serious lag) on my phone.

Yes, I want Android 10 as much as others but as it works great I have great working phone with 9 as well...

• ozgurkinaci ozgurkinaci
    ✭✭  / 

My 7.2 doesn't have those issues.

Only notification which takes ages to load (sometimes) is Google and I think that's Google app issue.

• DBlu72 DBlu72
    ✭✭  / 

I got my 7.2 a few days after release here in the UK at the beginning of October and I've never known such a buggy piece of rubbish.

I've had multiple problems, most of which have been resolved (the thing turning itself off while charging was a problem, as it was my alarm!) but the very worse bug is still a massive problem to me.

Namely, calls cut out because the screen wakes during a call and your face ends the call. However sometimes it does the opposite and when you try to end the call the screen is blacked out after you remove the phone from your face and you have to physically unlock the phone to end the call.

Really regret buying a Nokia.

• RSAN RSAN
    ✭✭  /  edited April 24

The earpiece volume in my Nokia 7.2 is to damn low. I can't hear a word whenI am at the market, I have to switch on the loudspeaker to do any personal or private talk. Please do update this issue I think many others are also facing this.

• Deadmanwalking Deadmanwalking
    ✭✭✭  / 

true im facing the same issue. I dont know if its the sensor problem or a software problem.

• EvEm EvEm
    ✭✭  /  edited April 25

Greetings from Poland

I'm user of 4.2 - and we have very similar problem.

Sometimes while calling, I feel vibrations of the phone (just like your face would touch screen as finger and pull some num pad).

Sometimes, screen is blacked too and you need to use physical side button to unlock it and end of call by touching screen.

So I guess it's rather software problem - operating proximity sensor, then sensor problem itself.

But there are other problems - with battery. Off/On and Restart of device is giving reset of battery usage (already shoved at usage chart - how possibly adaptive battery function can work properly with deleted stats? It cant.

Massive drops off battery and heating in the back (probably SOC location on motherboard).

A lots of problems with stock launcher.

Did they resolve all your problems with update?

Android 9 was operating like charm - when I look at android 10 in my 4.2....

• Emmyb Emmyb
    ✭✭  / 

My Nokia 7.2 always pop up an alert that facelock keep stopping. In short the facelock never work on my device I don't know how to go about that.

• MollyApple MollyApple
    ✭✭  / 

A couple of months in and I'm only starting to see lagging and freezing now. I had been very slow at installing apps, trying to keep it clean, but storage is now 50% used and the lagging starts. Since I didn't have it before I imagine it's apps causing it and I need to look at my app management. And clear out old files (I read a lot of pdfs on my phone). On the plus side, the battery is finally improving although still doesnt quite last the day 🙁

• Vignesh r gowda Vignesh r gowda
    ✭✭  / 

Same problem I'm also facing here..volume button goes too low..automatically and it will be switched too normal, that to when i get calls it will be low volume and can't be able to watch any video r audio through that volume

• rajharshk rajharshk
    ✭✭  / 

I'm also facing the same issue first of all Nokia 7.2 showing error message "system UI is not responding" then speaker not working and finally phone goes switch off and after it is not turning on only notifications light is glowing and all the given methods everywhere showing on this can be done but still phone is not turning on. It is dead condition from last two months

• rajharshk rajharshk
    ✭✭  / 

I'm also facing the same issue first of all Nokia 7.2 showing error message "system UI is not responding" then speaker not working and finally phone goes switch off and after it is not turning on only notifications light is glowing and all the given methods everywhere showing on this can be done but still phone is not turning on. It is dead condition from last two months

• Divyanshi_1 Divyanshi_1
    ✭✭  / 

I'm also getting the same error, camera doesn't work when snapchat is installed and it makes all other apps works incorrectly. now after latest update it's showing system UI not responding and from yesterday it's media storage not responding. As my mobile's ringtone got changed automatically and I'm unable you get it back to normal Nokia tune.

When is the update coming?

• JEMW1686 JEMW1686
    ✭✭  / 

I have had nothing but problems with the 7.2 since I got it. I don't think I've ever been this unhappy with a phone.

The software freezes and crashes constantly, the camera won't open from the lock screen, it keeps failing to recognise the camera's memory card so pictures aren't stored after I take them, the fingerprint reader doesn't work, and the sound is all over the place, It confuses the system sounds with the speaker, so when it unlocks or locks the click is SO loud.

Customer care keep fobbing me off 😫

• Dr Sachin Dr Sachin
    ✭✭  / 

Very bad phone. Bought the 7.2 for about 17,000 rupees.With the expectation of a product from old NOKIA company. Was a total disappointment.

The phone's battery backup was very bad. Chinese phones of lower price had better battery backup. The camera quality lacked the typical zeiss quality which was worse when compared to older NOKIA N8 which i still own.

The periodic updates get installed without the owners consent. There is no noticeable improvements with these updates other than the fact that it keeps getting worser.

The notification light never lights up with whatsapp or telegram notifications.

sometimes the touch response is erratic.

The volume of call notification automatically reduces when the music volume is reduced.

We cant send a contact through a text message.but only via whatsapp or telegram.

Overall i am disappointed with this phone. I totally regret buying this phone. Will never buy again a Nokia phone. The existing management only will ruin the Nokia company.

• rg90 rg90
    ✭✭  / 

Since a week (I think after the security update for September), the WiFi that I am connected to frequently disconnects and switches constantly between WiFi and mobile data. I also reset the network settings (wifi, bluetooth, network) and reset app preferences. Also performed a soft reset (Volume Up + Power), but the issue is still persisting. Anyone else having the same issue?

• Yes , do you see a vowifi icon on the top.

This issue is seen with vowifi. Go to settings and disable vowifi option under network settings , calling option click on wifi calling and disable it.

• RW5207 RW5207
    ✭✭  / 

I thought I was the only one with issues! I have a 7.2 multi-SIM that had to be sent in to be repaired. At this point, the touch screen becomes unresponsive and the whole phone is laggy. I sometimes have to wait 5-20 seconds for the phone to respond to anything.

There are, of course, many of the similar volume issues where the volume keeps changing every time you start an app. I find it difficult to use the phone many times without a good headset. Volume MAX seems to be the only way to use it.

The Wi-Fi has been mysteriously turning off recently. I thought it was my imagination, but I think others are seeing this, too. I replaced my Nokia 8 with the 7.2 and have been disappointed. Perhaps I need to send it back in for repair...but what would they repair.

Is there a recall on this phone?

• RW5207 RW5207
    ✭✭  / 

Well, I was able to enter the bootloader, clear the cache and perform a factory reset and it appears that my lagging Nokia phone is operating much better. Time will tell, but the responsiveness has increased noticeably. Seems normal again!

Key combination

1. Shut down your Nokia smartphone.
    2. Connect the charger or USB cable and wait for the device to start charging.
    3. Now, press and hold Volume Down + Power key(s). Keep the keys pressed until the device vibrates again and you see Download Mode written on the top left of the screen. On Nokia X.2/X.3 & newer phones, you’ll see a proper fastboot menu instead.

No command screen after entering recovery

After entering the recovery, you’ll generally see the No command screen with a dead Android bot and a warning sign. There’s nothing wrong if you see it. To proceed further:

Press and hold Power key and quickly press and release the Volume Up key. Release the power key when you see the recovery options.