Is there a cheaper way to fix the broken front glass for Nokia 8 Sirocco?

Within a week of purchase my New phone Display (only the glass) got broken and it is very expensive to repair.

Is there a cheaper way to fix the broken front glass for Nokia 8 Sirocco?

Dhakshan Dhakshan
✭✭  / 

Within a week of purchase my New phone Display (only the glass) got broken and it is very expensive to repair.

Tagged:

Answers

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

There is no cheaper way buddy. Nokia or any OEM will never do it. There might be glass-only replacements avaiable in the market, but toughest task is to remove the previously glued glass from the display, without damaging the display (which is fragile as a slightly thick paper.

Your only scope is seeing if a repair shop has a glass replacement available and if they are skilled enough to have a relatively good success ratio at separating the glass from the display. It's a risk anyways, but I do not think the phone is very usable much since the glass shattered too much.

• trckojr trckojr
    ✭✭  /  edited July 2020

I know this is an old thread. I recently broke my front glass, not as much as one in the photo. Phone is still usable and I made it better by covering it with protective tpu film. Cracks are still visible, but I can't feel them under my fingers, so I still use the phone without problems.

I have asked around, but none of the shops were willing to try and replace the glass and new screen is $200 and just doesn't make sense to replace it.

• Dhakshan Dhakshan
    ✭✭  / 

It is working fine till now, there is no difference other than the cracks in the screen. In fact i dropped harder after this several times but nothing happened.

• Dhakshan Dhakshan
    ✭✭  / 

I happened to came across a youtube video where a guy replace any broken screen, it is very cheap also but i don't want to take risk. I'll try it after a year maybe.

• I recently broke mine after it fell down from my pocket to the street. The only way I could repair it is buying a replacement of the screen with the frame included and changing all the chips and pieces from the broken to the new one screen. The replacement costs about 170€ (no cheap). Now, my phone works like a new one

• If you wanna get through NOKIA, than definitely you won't be having economical tag, well very first note how long you have been using this tech, Because if it isn't under the Warranty policy within your region, than better look for Displays in your Locality, of course the Display won't be of NOKIA make bit will soothe the purpose. And not to worry about display damages, the front glass will be replaced in no time.