Bring back Asha or a better low-end OS

I have been playing around with my Nokia 8110 that I picked up in Thailand. Here is what I use it for- 4g hotspot Clear phone calls Long battery life

Bring back Asha or a better low-end OS

Sam444 Sam444
✭✭  / 

I have been playing around with my Nokia 8110 that I picked up in Thailand. Here is what I use it for-

4g hotspot

Clear phone calls

Long battery life

Here is where it falls short-

1. The buttons double-press all the time (i.e. I press "1" once and it shows "11" on the screen.
  2. The OS is not nearly as good as a 2012 Belle OS (and the specs are pretty much the same)
  3. No touch screen, it would be cool if it had one actually.
  4. 4g hotspot burns the battery up in 4-6 hours depending on use. It makes its hotspot feature a little less attractive.
  5. The maps won't save language settings, so every time I use it I have to switch to english from Thai (really annoying)
  6. App store is really lame and web apps don't really work on it. Also why doesn't google maps show real time movement? 512mb of ram is plenty to handle that.
  7. Home screen doesn't have app short cuts directly on the home screen. The preset shortcuts aren't useful, and switching hotspot on requires many many clicks through the menus.

I think you guys need to bring back an older Nokia platform because they used to have tons of great features. Nokia had the potential to make some really badass little feature phones back in the day. Just get 4g to work on them and figure out how to get more messenger apps to run properly. I would make the messenger thing a priority.

The things I NEED to function in society are the following apps:

1. Messenger apps (whatsapp, hangouts, zalo, wechat, etc...) ALSO, whatsapp doesn't have calling on 8110, another big bummer and I thought it would, also doesn't allow web chat (using the computer at the same time).
  2. Ride hailing/food delivery apps (uber, grab, didi, etc...)
  3. Email inbox thats intuitive
  4. Camera

Social media is cool too, but its not a deal breaker. Facebook is fine, whatever.

So yeah, having purchased a refurbished Nokia E7 recently to play around with, I LOVE that form factor. You guys need to bring something back thats small, touch screen, and has a long battery life. I want security with the few apps that are required to function in society so I can dump android. I think a lot of people are sick of ad notifications and a total lack of privacy, and this could fill that niche.