Russian firmware on Indian 8.1 and Problems with display (Out of warranty soon)

So basically I went to the service center having issues with the display of image retention ( can see translucent white lines on the borders of the display).

Russian firmware on Indian 8.1 and Problems with display (Out of warranty soon)

Harshvardhan Harshvardhan
✭✭  / 

So basically I went to the service center having issues with the display of image retention ( can see translucent white lines on the borders of the display). Following the SOP they first reinstalled the software (supposedly guy just wanted to install the firmware which he saw first) thanks to him the firmware has been changed to 00WW_5_15B with 00RU which I am pretty sure is of the Russian variant as I am stuck with September security patch + Android 10. And the main issue of display was nowhere near to be solved. He said he didn't have any other 8.1 in hand to compare to and has asked the company to send one so he could compare (Its been 2 months since then). I asked him to flash the firmware again, so I can get security updates. His answer: Security updates are to solve bugs, no need to flash if you don't have any bugs.Moreover he added his computer is not working well corrupts every firmware he downloads , and registering the OST LA requires new IP of computer and blah blah blah.

I was caught up in my exams so didn't bother to rectify him the difference between SP & MR. So in India due to the fatal corona virus everything is in lock-down and my warranty is gonna expire on 1st of May. My phone is performing worse than before , still display issue not solved and I will have to pay money after warranty to get it done. It be great someone would help me!

Comments