[Merged] Bugs noticed so far on Nokia 7.2 after Android 10 Update - Page 7

I updated a few days ago. The front facing camera no longer works using the camera or on any other app.

[Merged] Bugs noticed so far on Nokia 7.2 after Android 10 Update

Comments

• Pearson1SA Pearson1SA
    ✭✭  / 

I updated a few days ago. The front facing camera no longer works using the camera or on any other app. The rear facing camera occasionally takes pics upside down. I have restarted, cleared cache and data and rebooted. Nothing seems to work.

• asikis asikis
    ✭✭  / 

After Android 10 update it seems that in 99% of the cases a factory reset is needed. Try it and see if your issues will be resolved.

Until now the most common issue seems to be the notification area/ lock screen lag. In my case, as i have written in other forums, the fix is to use WiFi and not cellular data (i use two sims at the same time). In that case the lags go away and UI is snappy. Definitely it is a SW bug but it is there since my device had android 9 and it now continues after updating to android 10.

• A little relieved to know that am not the only one face these issues especially lcd screen burning

• mitu33sharma mitu33sharma
    ✭✭  / 

1. Torch not working

2. Sometime there is lag in notification bar

3. Mobile data option takes long time to turn on & off

4. Battery drainage is fast

• Diego Quintairos Diego Quintairos
    ✭✭  / 

How about disabling the sugested apps in the app box? I can't find the way to hide it since Andoid 10 update.

• Saurabh_,15 Saurabh_,15
     / 

Display issue. Previous app used are shown in the background lightly as new apps are open. Eg. If I play YouTube and then open WhatsApp then YouTube will show behind WhatsApp display lightly.

• TYBanks TYBanks
    ✭✭  / 

Camera is not working after Android 10 upgrade

• Akhil Akhil
    ✭✭✭  / 

battery charging time improved after V2.270 update

• s690716 s690716
    ✭✭  / 

After upgrade to Android 10 on Nokia 7.2 the phone cannot connect to WiFi anymore ("cannot store credentials") EMEA/German version

This is a major bug and a reason to bring it back to the retail store / warranty issue. The update comes 7 month after Android 10 hit the market and is buggy as ****. HMD

• John Benedict John Benedict
    ✭✭  / 

Hello good day!

I seem to have issues with my nokia 6.2, i dont know if its just me but when i plug my headset in the socket, what I'm hearing is the sound going left and right back and forth and some times the left side wont work...is it with the update or my socket have issues, i tested it with some of my friends headset and its the same issue but they guarantee their headsets works fine for them, only bought this on past 3 months ago....will i be given replacement or repair only, i live here in Saudi Arabia so i am not too keen in the repair services here.

Thank you to whomever reply to this message!

• Akhil Akhil
    ✭✭✭  / 

Somone stole my status bar. 🤔

• Akhil Akhil
    ✭✭✭  / 

Moisture in the port may cause such issues. Try to clean the port.

• John Benedict John Benedict
    ✭✭  / 

I contacted support and they told me to try and do soft reset, and viola...it works...so i guess software issue when i updated to android 10,

I tried cleaning it with soft cotton and its same issue, it was fixed by soft reset, so anyone have problems same as me try it....it might help you out

• Blucher73 Blucher73
    ✭✭  / 

Since I updated my 7.2 in April my screens close sometimes when I'm using them.

Finger recognition doesn't work half the time. Problems with no text alert sometimes and phone doesn't ring sometimes when I get a call. I have to restart it at least once a week to be able to use the phone. Wish I could uninstall the update, since the update it's the worst phone I've ever had and won't recommend it to anyone.

• lucas ZZ lucas ZZ
    ✭✭  / 

Apps becomes much more consuming cpu, maybe this cause battery drain faster. All smartphone's have the same phenomenon, I think.

• amir hosein abdi amir hosein abdi
    ✭✭  / 

Im literally having the same problem with my camera

No app can use it at all and also my flashlight doesnt work at all

Only time they are working is after e restart

It all happen after android 10 update

• reto caplazi reto caplazi
    ✭✭  / 

WiFI Issue since Android 10 -> Nokia agrees on problem, does not give Timeline to Solve -----> See Helpdesk Nokia:

N

Nokia mobile care

Hi! How can we help you today with your Nokia phone or accessory?

Having WIFI issues on two Nokia 7.2 since update to Android 10. Loosing contact and having connection issues . All (Router and Phone) resetted once, no effect. What shall i do next. Several People are explaining same issue on your forum without a soloution. Please help.

N

Nokia mobile care

Hello, welcome to Nokia Mobile Care! My name is Daniel.

Hello Daniel

N

Nokia mobile care

Can you tell me the IMEI number of your phone?

You can dial *#06# like you were making a call.

You can also find it on the sim tray and on the original box.

It is a 15 digit number starting with 35.

3529211xxxxxxxx / 2x

N

Nokia mobile care

Thank you.

Did you already try a soft reset? It often helps with tackling such issues. It’s easy: Press the Power button and Volume UP button simultaneously for at least 10 seconds, release them when you feel the phone vibrate and you see "Powered by Android" on the screen.

This is a safe and quick way to reboot your device, so no need to worry, you won’t lose or erase any data. Just keep in mind that the device should not be charging.

Yes, done

N

Nokia mobile care

Did you try using the device in Safe Mode as well?

Yes

Not better

N

Nokia mobile care

What type of reset did you do?

We had no issues with Android 9. Problem started with 10

Factory Reset

N

Nokia mobile care

Thank you for the feedback! This is an acknowledged issue and our developers are working hard on resolving it. I believe a fix for it will be with you soon! 

What meens soon ?

Since we have 2 7.2 in our house.

N

Nokia mobile care

I hope it will be with the next update however there is no time frame.

This is ugent , check your forum.

N

Nokia mobile care

This is an acknowledged issue and our developers are working hard on resolving it. Please stay a bit more patient.

I need a timeframe, I could use another phone meanwhile.....

N

Nokia mobile care

Sadly there is no time frame. I hope it will be with the next update .

will claime for Money back @ seller.

N

Nokia mobile care

I'm sorry to hear that. Our developers are working hard on having a solution to the issue as soon as possible.

Please inform staff. This is a no go.

N

Nokia mobile care

Thank you for the feedback! I will forward it.

Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Are you still on the line? In case I don’t receive a response from you in a minute or two, the system will end our chat. 

Once you are back online, you can just message me and we will continue our conversation!

For any further questions, you are more than welcome!

Wish you a lovely day.

At the end of the chat you will receive an opportunity to rate me on our current conversation. If you were satisfied with the service, make sure to let us know. Thank you for your time! 

Neue Nachrichten

N

Nokia mobile care

hi

I noticed that you have indicated your case is unresolved. Can I assist you with anything else?

Obviously not, thank you for Support, greetings to your Team. Cheers

• petra h petra h
    ✭✭  / 

Experiencing similar issue since Android 10 upgrade. Wifi connection is working but I lost connectivity to mobile data on my Nokia 7.2 ta1196. I use only one SIM card. Since the Android 10 roll-out the empty(!) slot (SIM2) has been allocated 'preferred SIM' for mobile data and there is no means of editing this setting. Waiting desperately for a patch that fixes this bug but it's been weeks now. I need mobile internet access on my phone as I'm on the road a lot so this is extremely frustrating. That whole upgrade to Android 10 was super patchy from my experience. Wish you had done more testing instead of immobalising many of your user community with a flaky roll-out. Connecting to mobile data is such a basic and crucial functionality! Nokia Dev team, what takes you so long?? Please advise a time frame when this will be fixed.

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

Hi, just for a test, how about if you just insert your SIM card to the SIM2 slot instead? I believe that will be a good workaround to try to at least get a working data connection. Both slots are identical and you will not have any other technical problems by using the SIM in 2nd slot.

• msdobrescu msdobrescu
     / 

A new phone. I have occasional lags. The battery drains fast.

The Bluetooth connects/pairs but kind of drops the connection the next second.

• petra h petra h
    ✭✭  / 

Hi @singhnsk, thanks for that tip. SIM card is allocated correctly now to all services but mobile data connectivity still not working. Have done multiple resets and also requested correct APN settings via OTA tool three times over - no success. I'm extremely frustrated as I need the phone to get around. I'm from New Zealand and several places insist on QR code signing in/out due to COVID-19. My employer requires me to use a tracking app which stops working when outside wifi. I'm close to binning the phone which I bought only a few months ago. Too much trouble considering standard functionalities such as MMS and now even mobile data connection not working.

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  /  edited May 2020

That's strange. The last thing I can honestly suggest to you is to just try manually setting the Access point. I do not think Android phones very happily accept OTA settings sent by an operator.

So, if you can ask your carrier to provide you with the access point name,, please enter it by creating a new profile in Settings => Network and internet => Mobile network => Advanced => Access point names.

Tap the plus icon and enter a name and enter the APN exactly as told by the operator. Then save this profile, select it as default and try rebooting the device. I hope this helps. If not, it's going to be a tough time for you waiting for a fix.

• matthewkuhl matthewkuhl
    ✭✭  / 

Mine just started doing this intermittently a few days ago

• petra h petra h
    ✭✭  / 

@singhnsk thank you. Finally, I could obtain new manual APN settings from Vodafone NZ and the phone now connects with mobile data alright. MMS still isn't working but I guess I can live without it.

• jakub bláha jakub bláha
    ✭✭  / 

Camera stops working randomly in all apps that would use the camera. Restart is needed.

• Santa700 Santa700
    ✭✭  / 

Nokia 7.2 service menu code- *#*#372733#*# * not working.

Anyone having this problem ?

• Corvo Corvo
    ✭✭  / 

Summary of issues present after May update :

1. The Notification Panel Lag - This has been there since the days of Pie and has still somehow managed to be present even months after the android 10 update. Some claim switching to wifi makes the panel lag free but i still have noticed lag (although less) even while using wifi.

2. Screen turns whitish sometimes. More noticeable in dark mode. Seems can be fixed by toggling auto brightness/ rebooting the device.

3. The wideangle camera is unusable. There's no detail. Period. Overall there is much room for improvement in the cameras. Im using a GCam mod and have disabled the stock camera.

4. Screen burn - I have personally not faced it, but there are too many users complaining that their screen is retaining content which was displayed in the past.

• Jim mawby Jim mawby
     / 

I have tried two different brand new SanDisk cards in my new 7.2 and both of them are giving me issues. I have downloaded an MP3 to use as as my ringtone, it starts out OK but then after a while it says that the file is unreadable? I had the same problem with my general alert tone, but this has gone a stage further, every time I try to enter the setting for the general alert tone I get a notice saying that the android has stopped working? I have a similar problem with images, I save a JPeg image to the phone and after a short while this will also go blank and tells me that it is unreadable? Do I have a faulty phone and is there a fix for this issue please.