Nokia 8.1 not supporting HD streaming on Netflix

Hey everyone!

Nokia 8.1 not supporting HD streaming on Netflix

Dipanjan Dipanjan
✭✭  / 

Hey everyone! Recently went through an article where it stated that Nokia 8.1 is supporting full HD streaming now on Netflix after the new Android 10 B

uild update (all of 401 MB, received just day before yesterday), but then I fired up Netflix and was shocked to see the results. In the list of Android devices that Netflix has provided which support HD streaming, there's no mention of a single device from the Nokia family! Although it's written that apart from the mentioned devices, any device with Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 will also support HD streaming, the 'Playing Specifications' tab still shows certification for just 'Widevine L3' and streaming quality is shown to be 'SD' only. Would love to see that L3 turn to L1 if any other Nokia 8.1 user like me has seen it. 

Attaching pictures of all my claims below.

Tagged:

Comments

• Dipanjan Dipanjan
    ✭✭  / 

As you can see above, there's not a single Nokia device on the list of HD streaming supported Android devices on Netflix, and even though its processor is mentioned in the list, it still has just the Widevine L3 certification with streaming quality limited to SD ☹️

• Dipanjan Dipanjan
    ✭✭  /  edited April 1

UPDATE

Just uninstalled and reinstalled Netflix, and the certification's now Widevine L1 with Full HD streaming, so all's sorted now 😂

• Harshvardhan Harshvardhan
    ✭✭  / 

Posted question and fixed yourself, great xD