7.2 Dual SIM - Android 10 users

Hi Nokia 7.2 Users, Earlier this week we started rolling out the Android 10 Upgrade and became aware that some handsets were not performing as expected.

7.2 Dual SIM - Android 10 users

HMDLaura HMDLaura
Staff member  / 

Hi Nokia 7.2 Users,

Earlier this week we started rolling out the Android 10 Upgrade and became aware that some handsets were not performing as expected. It seems that a limited number of Dual SIM devices (TA-1196 or TA-1193) were not starting correctly after the update. Single SIM devices are unaffected.

The rare issues that is presenting is when both SIMs are inserted, and either SIM1 or SIM2 is in a Deactivated/Disabled state, the device may enter Recovery mode.

Please follow either of two options below to recover your device to normal state (with no loss of user data):

If you do not wish to continue to use the Disabled SIM

• Power off the device
  • Remove the Disabled SIM
  • Power on the device

If you wish to continue to use both SIMs

• Power off the device (or if in recovery mode, “Try again”)
  • Ensure both SIM1 and SIM2 cards are inserted
  • Power up the device (Important notice for users with Roaming SIM card who not want data Roaming enabled - Please go to “Settings” > “Network & Internet” > “Mobile Network” > Mobile network [SIM name] > [SIM name] and check that Roaming is set to Disabled)
  • Go to “Settings” > “Network & Internet” > “SIM cards”, and activate any deactivated SIM card (you may need to try a couple of times and wait for a few minutes for connection. If after several minutes, you do not see successful connection to the network, then a restart may be required).

Rest assured, we’re working on a fix at full speed, and a new Nokia 7.2 Android 10 build will be released as soon as possible to all approved markets.

Comments

• Heathiopian Heathiopian
    ✭✭  / 

Does that mean this build had been pulled back then?

• victory.v10 victory.v10
    ✭✭  / 

I don't find any issue after update. my both SIM is activated.

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

Thanks for the update. I believe it is safe to pull the delivery from hitting dual SIM users, as not many of them will come here to be informed. Although not many people keep a SIM card disabled :)

• Lior Levi Lior Levi
    ✭✭✭  / 

HMDLaura and singhnsk my best smart friends ♥

I live in Israel and still no Android 10.

I use 2 sim cards:

sim1: deactivated

sim2: activated

I hope that when I will get Android 10 - I won't have any issue with sim1 + sim2.

• chuss chuss
    ✭✭  / 

Thanks for the info.

I also have a Nokia 7.2 dual SIM, I have not yet received the Android 10 update in Peru, I hope they will publish the update with the solutions for Dual SIM soon 😃

• Oscarito Oscarito
     /  edited April 3

• Oscarito P Oscarito P
    ✭✭  /  edited April 3

Hi I have Nokia 7.2 TA-1178 and I still don't have Android 10 update yet on my device I'm in the United States is the update in Batches when I manually check for an update there's no Android 10 update yet on my device

• Kishan Kumar Kishan Kumar
    ✭✭  / 

Thanks for updating this with us. Please address slow response after unlock & lagging notification bar and also the quality of camera.

• abdulrahman abdulrahman
    ✭✭  / 

Issues with Dual SIM is not new. Even when using Android 9, (if I'm using Dual SIM inserted,) whenever I turn ON/0FF mobile data from quick settings toggle, it was lagging.

• vipul545 vipul545
    ✭✭  / 

I have the same as 7.2 problem facing for nokia 6.1 plus during March security update. Do provide a solution ..

• user1515521332164 user1515521332164
    ✭✭  / 

My 8.1 nokia after updating to android 10 got a problem is charging issue it's showing 4 to 5 hours to full charge what a **** .... My mobile doing 2 to 3 times of service in service centre but problem is not solved sir please kindly provide a solution sir😥😥😥😥😥

• Joost Joost
    ✭✭  / 

Also have a 7.2 dual SIM and can see there's an update/upgrade ready, which the phone is trying to fetch.

Quality before speed please 👍🏻

(And be safe 🙃)

• Cant turn off app suggestions at the top of app drawer. Used to have that option in home settings. Any other method to turn off app suggestions?

• Kushal Tatampudi Kushal Tatampudi
    ✭✭  / 

Hi, I'm from U.S and have the same model - Nokia 7.2 TA-1178. Still waiting for the android 10 update on my device.

I tried installing the android 10 Rom manually using the ADB sideload in recovery mode, but getting an error - "Failed to verify - meta-inf/com/google/android/update-binary download"

Please help.

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

You can't manually install on a Nokia 7.2. You will need to wait for the OTA to release. Or else maybe unlock the bootloader and then flash partitions via fastboot.

• pekka.n pekka.n
     / 

Had that problem cause i had sim2 disabled. I updated my phone this morning (9th of APril) and same update release with bug was still available in FInland.

I did remove disabled sim and phone started workin. Havent inserted it back yet. I think i'll wait for new fixed update.

• Joost Joost
    ✭✭  / 

My 7.2 TA-1196 kept on looking for the update, alternating between trying to fetch it (Resume) and then stopping again (pause).

If a couple of thousand phones keep on polling for an update like that at the same time, I'm afraid it will look like a ddos, so I have paused mine for now...

That in turn might be a reason the phone gently reminded me today on the home screen that I'm now a week late installing my March 2020 security update.

(No panic – while downloading shouldn't work yet, for some reason I still appear to have downloaded 4% of v2.250 🤪)

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

@Joost That's strange. The OTA delivery system and server is well managed to ensure that it can handle the requests. I've so far not seen this Google infra facing slow-ness due to increased demand.

I think something is causing the file delivery to be too slow for you. Maybe you can try again by using a reliable VPN app. Because the reduced speed could be an issue with your internet provider.

• Joost Joost
    ✭✭  / 

I'm generally on very fast connections, today it's downloading all right 🎉

• Joost Joost
    ✭✭  /  edited April 10

Updated alright. Not without trouble though. SanDisk extra storage card (32Gb) wasn't recognised and had to be erased.

The bigger issue is "android.process.media" keeps crashing and restarting (hence can't make screenshots). It's a system process so, unsure if I can stop it without trouble.

Edit: stopped it because I got popups every 5-7 seconds telling me the process kept crashing: making a screenshot now definitely fails bc Android 10 tells me it doesn't have storage space (there should be plenty).

Edit 2: and this I will have to look up when at home, but perhaps may already help to identify the issue – I'm pretty sure I have a 32Gb micro SD card for extra storage of large files. The phone thinks it's 64 🤔

Edit 3: it's related with the SD card for sure... and it wreaks quite an interesting amount of havoc.

• Willthetrainer Willthetrainer
    ✭✭  / 

I have 2x TA1196 in the UK but am still waiting for the Android 10 update on both. Hopefully it will be trouble free, we've been hanging on a long time for it.

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

Hi @Joost if you had the SD card formatted as "internal storage", then yeah it starts acting up. It has been a known issue on the 7.2 ever since it was released.

I use my 64Gig card a external/portable storage and it works just fine.

• Joost Joost
    ✭✭  / 

Didn't experience any issues with it or Android One before. Will try to recover. This is certainly my last Nokia though.

• Android 10 does not work in Sudan

• JoSch2406 JoSch2406
    ✭✭  / 

Ich finde es traurig dass ein Unternehmen wie HMD Nokia so große Probleme hat das Update auf Android 10 zu bringen und so zu bringen dass es auch korrekt läuft. Ich warte seit November auf das Update, jetzt ist April und noch immer kein Update. Trotz der oftmals schlechten Tests habe ich mich für das Nokia 7.2 TA-1196 entschieden. Wahrscheinlich werde ich mich nicht mehr für ein Nokia entscheiden. Das können Xiaomi usw besser und sie sind günstiger mit besserer Hardware.

• Kushal Tatampudi Kushal Tatampudi
    ✭✭  / 

Thanks for the info

I need to wait for the update in that case.

• Kevinforever Kevinforever
    ✭✭  / 

Well, actually I have a question that how you will define the "approved markets"?

• Mashiur Rahman Mashiur Rahman
    ✭✭  /  edited April 13

Hi I am Mashiur from Bangladesh And using Nokia 7.2. Android 10 not yet update in my device. Anybody confirm me when will be update.

• Borelly Borelly
     / 

Hi All

After the 10 update I am getting this error, can anyone provide a solution to this.