7.2 Dual SIM - Android 10 users - Page 2

Ur phone battery needs to be calibrated for twice .

7.2 Dual SIM - Android 10 users

Comments

• Bharath KB Bharath KB
    ✭✭✭  / 

Ur phone battery needs to be calibrated for twice .

The steps are use ur phone untill it shutsdown automatically and then turn on the device and check the battery (sometimes it again shows some residual charge i.e.6-8% charge approx.) Use it again untill it shutsdown . Now charge the phone in switched of state for minimum 6 hrs once charging is completed turn on ur device without removing it from the charger (sometimes it shows 98-99% of charge )let it charge fully and then use it as usual again repeat the process for the second time to calibrate the battery once completed check if the issues are rectified .

Important note: use the charger and the cable provided in the retail box and try this process during night after ur regular works so that the device is not interrupted

• madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 

Hi @Bharath KB,

That's very interesting advice, where did you learn it?

Cheers 🙂

• Bharath KB Bharath KB
    ✭✭✭  / 

I have done it when my previous lenovo device came up with same problem . U can just google it how to calibrate the battery .then results will make u to follow up there :)

• madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 

Hi @Bharath KB, thanks for sharing 👍

Cheers 🙂

• Willthetrainer Willthetrainer
    ✭✭  / 

Yet another week goes by and still no update for the TA 1196 model 7.2 in the UK. I am rapidly approaching the give up with Nokia point after 30 years of loyal custom. What a farce!

• Suvarna Benson Suvarna Benson
    ✭✭  / 

Ya.same here. Go to the recovery mode & wipe all data..it should be fix..u have to wipe 2, 3 times..I'm done withe same..now my phone working normal..

• markw49 markw49
    ✭✭✭  / 

Modern Li-On batteries as used in modern smartphones do not need 'calibrating' as loads of experts state:

3: Allow partial discharges and avoid full ones (usually)

Unlike NiCad batteries, lithium-ion batteries do not have a charge memory. That means deep-discharge cycles are not required. In fact, it's better for the battery to use partial-discharge cycles.

There is one exception. Battery experts suggest that after 30 charges, you should allow lithium-ion batteries to almost completely discharge. Continuous partial discharges create a condition called digital memory, decreasing the accuracy of the device's power gauge. So let the battery discharge to the cut-off point and then recharge. The power gauge will be recalibrated.

4: Avoid completely discharging lithium-ion batteries

If a lithium-ion battery is discharged below 2.5 volts per cell, a safety circuit built into the battery opens and the battery appears to be dead. The original charger will be of no use. Only battery analyzers with the boost function have a chance of recharging the battery.

Also, for safety reasons, do not recharge deeply discharged lithium-ion batteries if they have been stored in that condition for several months.

So, fully discharging the battery can actually harm it rather than 'condition' it.

• Bharath KB Bharath KB
    ✭✭✭  / 

What u stated is absolutely right but sometimes people does a wrong things like connecting the charger and use it hence amidst the battery is charging due to usage the battery discharges so that tha battery charge cycle is affected makes it to charge the battery slowly . In the root memory there is log data called bat.log which is the memory of charging cycles . Hence battery calibration is an essential one to get back the normal charging speed and timing .

Doing so in my previous lenovo device with li -ion battery helped me to get back the good charging speed and timing (from 6 hrs to 2hrs) : )

• artem ermakov artem ermakov
    ✭✭  / 

Hello! please make the shutter release function for the photo for the "call Google assistant" button. thanks!

• YWF YWF
    ✭✭  / 

在中国🇨🇳,无法手动更新nokia,Android10,I need your help。

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

Hi @HMDLaura, is the new release (2270) free of this bug? Or the users should still remain cautious?

Please update the thread if the issue has been sorted in the new build.

• minoda minoda
    ✭✭  / 

APR2020 NOKIA 7.2 UPDATE is out and i'm afraid to download and install it.😂

• Tecumseh Tecumseh
    ✭✭  / 

Ta-1196 Update Ver. 2.270 ist started in Germany

• Successfully updated yesterday - TA-1196 - Germany.

• hak23 hak23
     / 

Update worked very well. Thank you.

• AlexBell AlexBell
    ✭✭  / 

Please tell me, is it worth buying Nokia 7.2 (6/128)? I'm going to buy it to replace my iPhone 6, but there are many reports of various issues ...

I am very pleased with its design, but I do not want to experience a headache.

✭✭  / 

Excellent phone, but desperately slow UK update to Android 10

• AlexBell AlexBell
    ✭✭  / 
  • Azmatic Azmatic
    ✭✭  / 

I have the Nokia TA-1193. Purchased it from India. I have has no update since the 5 December 2019 security patch update. Build Number 00WW_1_390. Any got any solutions to this?

✭✭  / 

Nokia claim it is a global release, but it has not appeared for me yet. Still waiting but losing patience!

• AlexBell AlexBell
    ✭✭  / 

Wish you get it soon.

Can you tell if you have any issues using the phone except late update? Are you happy with the cameras, battery? Is everything ok with the assembly?

✭✭  / 

The phone is quality. I have two of them,no problems apart from the no show of the update!

• rajharshk rajharshk
    ✭✭  / 

I'm also facing the same issue first of all Nokia 7.2 showing error message 'system UI is not resonding' then speaker not working and finally phone goes switch off and after it is not turning on only notifications light is glowing and all the given methods everywhere showing on this can be done from my 3nd but still phone is not turning on. It is dead condition from last two months.

• rajharshk rajharshk
    ✭✭  / 

I'm also facing the same issue first of all Nokia 7.2 showing error message 'system UI is not resonding' then speaker not working and finally phone goes switch off and after it is not turning on only notifications light is glowing and all the given methods everywhere showing on this can be done from my 3nd but still phone is not turning on. It is dead condition from last two months.

• Danie Danie
    ✭✭  / 

Thank you HMD team, I have been waiting kind of impatiently for this Android 10. I have just received it and installed right away. So far all good. No issues with the upgrade and no issues observed in functionality.

As always, thank you for bringing it as quickly as you can and bringing it clean and pure.

• nilnitya nilnitya
    ✭✭  / 

If you all use only 1 sim in your phone, Then you will notice that most of the trouble is gone.