Nokia 3.2 not charging anymore

I've had this Nokia 3.2 (16 GB, no fingerprint sensor) for over 5 months, and now, it refuses to charge/it's charging VERY slowly.

Nokia 3.2 not charging anymore

Piipperi Piipperi
✭✭  / 

I've had this Nokia 3.2 (16 GB, no fingerprint sensor) for over 5 months, and now, it refuses to charge/it's charging VERY slowly.

I tried charging it last night with a confirmed working charger and when I woke up it was at 10%. It shows the charging icon but it doesn't charge. The only way I have got it to charge over 10% has been with the phone turned off, and even when shut down it doesn't charge to 100% over night. I usually charge it with a 5W iPhone power brick and with a micro USB cable that has been confirmed working.

I am right now trying to charge it with a 12W iPad charger, but it still charges slowly. So slowly that it shuts down if I have the phone on the home screen, it can shut down immediately after unplugging it.

Is the battery broken? And if it is, what can I do about it? (all the repair shops are closed thanks to COVID19)...

Comments

• Cuc Andrei-Mihai Cuc Andrei-Mihai
    ✭✭  / 

If the phone is charging too slowly, try to clean the area of ​​the charging socket. You may have dust or lumps accumulated and it may affect your phone charging.

• CeeBee52 CeeBee52
    ✭✭  / 

If your phone is charging too slowly or not charging at all, I suspect you may have been overcharging, that is, recharging to 100% daily. I used to do this. I discovered that this causes heat expansion to the battery, causing meltdown and requiring it to be replaced. A repair tech advised that I only charge it to 85% -90%, but more importantly, to run it down to around 20% before recharging. This solved my problem :)