Improved battery backup after March 2020 update

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031042/uploads/491/T30LFN36KWBT.png After the update now I'm getting over 8+ hours of screen on Time in Single Charge this is nice for normal usage as I'm using my phone in 3 button navigation so battery life is good but there's a point if you use Gesture Navigation it will drain battery so fast.

Improved battery backup after March 2020 update

user1510513469185 user1510513469185
✭✭  /  edited April 4

After the update now I'm getting over 8+ hours of screen on Time in Single Charge this is nice for normal usage as I'm using my phone in 3 button navigation so battery life is good but there's a point if you use Gesture Navigation it will drain battery so fast. After the update now I'm satisfied . Still some bugs are there in Gesture Navigation like Split screen doesn't closes with good Animation it stucks in buttom if you try to close the split screen mode .

So what are your thoughts Nokia8.1 users ?? Are you getting the same battery life like me

Comments

• Mrigendra Mrigendra
    ✭✭  / 

I use 2-button navigation. No games though. I only did browsing, watching YouTube and reading pdfs. Lastly I noticed that the apps(for same task) you're using affect battery life. Like if you use Chrome for browsing it'll end up eating more battery than Brave, Opera or Firefox.

• user1510513469185 user1510513469185
    ✭✭  / 

Good to see the battery life has increased than before in moderate usage. Earlier the battery use to give 7 hours of Screen on Time in 18% in normal usage so kudos to Nokia Team 👍🏻@singhnsk

• singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

These are some amazing battery backup charts. Impressive indeed. During my time with the 8.1, the average used to be around 6 hours.

In the end, the usage pattern of each person will also have a big impact on the kind of backup they get. It is nice however that the backup has improved overall with this update. The update took really long to arrive. Thankfully, it doesn't disappoint much.

✭✭  / 

Gesture navigation drains battery too fast that's why i opted for 3 button Navigation Option as it doesn't have Animations

• Vinesh Tamrakar Vinesh Tamrakar
    ✭✭✭  / 

I'm easily getting 7+ hrs of SOT on medium usage which is more than good for a phone with just 3500mAh battery. Nokia has done good battery optimisations this time. Kudos 😊

• Vinesh Tamrakar Vinesh Tamrakar
    ✭✭✭  / 

Nokia has a history of bad software updates ( you'll agree with me if you ever owned a Nokia 7plus , software on that phone was literally pain in th a*s ). I'm extremely surprised that this time for 8.1, the update have almost negligible amount of bugs. Except for the slow charging and notification font bug, I haven't noticed any till now. Which is a very good thing.

• singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

I agree with that. And we shouldn't forget that it took them 6 months to deliver this update as this is the first MR ever since Android 10 was released to our Nokia 8.1. I'm glad that they somehow managed to make it worth the wait :)

• Arvind Tripathi Arvind Tripathi
    ✭✭  / 

Pls suggest,whats the problem in my device,and how to improve it.@singhnsk

• singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Each person has his own use case, including the apps, which may vary on CPU load; and also the brightness of the display (the brighter you keep it, the more battery it uses). Also, which network connection you use, how much is the load on the modem, etc etc.. Several things go into it. So, I don't think different users can get symmetrical battery backup.

If you feel some apps are putting excessive drain on your battery, then you can consider re-installing them. And/or try to find an alternative app (if one exists) .

✭✭  / 

There's not any problem , if you're a heavy user like gaming stuffs and etc... That's why you're getting that amount of So called Screen on Time

I'm getting 8 hours + of Screen of Time with normal use in 3 button Navigation