Device not supported for boot unlock?

I downloaded the app for unlocking bootloader for nokia 6.1. when I tried it, it says device not supported. Probably because of updates.

Device not supported for boot unlock?

Lomii Lomii
✭✭  / 

I downloaded the app for unlocking bootloader for nokia 6.1. when I tried it, it says device not supported. Probably because of updates. I contacted chat support and told me she doesn't recommend it and she didn't tell anything about it.

Answers

• Nirmal Katariya Nirmal Katariya
    ✭✭✭  / 

You can do it. Unofficial way.

Thanks 🙂

• Lomii Lomii
    ✭✭  / 

I will try it, but it's not free. I contacted chat support and they said it's forbidden to unlock bootloader. Is this illegal to unlock it? Are they saying not to buy nokia phone again.

• Nirmal Katariya Nirmal Katariya
    ✭✭✭  /  edited April 4

It's your mobile. You can do whatever you want. But it is not safe to do. After Unlocking bootloader you will not get any official support from Nokia. You will lose all Nokia service centre support.

I suggest if you have second smartphone you can do it. But if you have only one smartphone, please don't do it. If you don't have technical knowledge. Better wait for software support.

🥱😅 It's right they are saying never buy Nokia smartphone 😉.

Thanks 🙂

• Lomii Lomii
    ✭✭  /  edited April 4

It's fine to me if I don't receive support in the future. My warranty is going to expire or maybe already expired. I have two phones and this is my secondary. I have knowledge on this kind of thing, before i used to customize my phone back in 2011. I also bought nokia x2 android fastlane, i customize it too. Back to issue the support told me they don't have info for this. I told them they don't need to fix it but create a ticket or report about this. They aren't developers, i know all phone manufacturers are supporting this unlocking things.

Thanks

😆😆😆

• singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Even though that's said, Nokia never voided warranty just because the bootloader unlock was done. Even on the Nokia 8 for which the official unlock was available

Anyhow, for now, Nokia doesn't support bootloader unlocking on any of its models. The only options available to are the paid//unofficial ones.